Greetings From Texas

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
BluFalcon

Greetings From Texas

Post by BluFalcon »

Hey,
My name is Ed and I've been into Turbo Talons and other 4G63 powered vehicles for the last 11 years. I currently own a 90 Talon TSi/AWD that's heavily modded, and a lightly modded 92 Galant VR-4. I've been a fan of the 1st Gen Celica for almost as long as I've been into DSM's. I had a chance to pick one up a few years back for $300 while I was living in WA state, but had to pass on it because I was moving back to Texas at the time. Last year I came across a really clean 77 ST, that I was this close to buying, but had to pass on because of an upcoming military deployment overseas. To be honest, I'm getting a little tired of working on my Talon and looking to get into something else. I've always wanted a old school RWD Japanese import and the 1st Gen Celica really has a timeless look. If I were to pick one up and start working on it, I would probably sell the Talon. So anyway, that's what I have. Dunno if anyone is interested, but I have a few pics of my Talon and GVR-4. That's all I've got. Thanks.

18G, FMIC, 720cc Injectors, 3 in TB Exhaust And Some Other Stuff

GT35, FMIC, 3.5 in TB Exhaust, DSMLink, And Way Too Much Money Invested In My AWD Money Pit
74 18RG

Re: Greetings From Texas

Post by 74 18RG »

WELCOME to the 1stGenCelica BB.

R u going to install a 4G63 into a 1st Gen ?
1)"GRANDMA "Always said "If you have nothing nice to say, Bite your lip-untill you do" oh and ! Old School RA21:From Stock to 7/8 scale 69 Z-28 Road racer,maybe?..
BluFalcon

Post by BluFalcon »

I've been seriously considering it. The fact that I have a spare 4G63 longblock, and have a friend who's well versed with 4G63 RWD swaps makes it real tempting. I would only do it if I didn't have to make any radical changes to the firewall or core support of the car. Also I wasn't sure about how some people feel about motor swaps with other manufacturer's engine. My friend has already swapped a 4G63 into a Mighty Max and recently finished a swap on a 88 Conquest TSi. The Conquest is simply AMAZING with the new powerplant. Like I said, very tempting.
will

Post by will »

BluFalcon wrote:I've been seriously considering it. The fact that I have a spare 4G63 longblock, and have a friend who's well versed with 4G63 RWD swaps makes it real tempting. I would only do it if I didn't have to make any radical changes to the firewall or core support of the car. Also I wasn't sure about how some people feel about motor swaps with other manufacturer's engine. My friend has already swapped a 4G63 into a Mighty Max and recently finished a swap on a 88 Conquest TSi. The Conquest is simply AMAZING with the new powerplant. Like I said, very tempting.

other makes engines find their ways into these cars regularly..
Rotaries, SR20, F20c, F22C, a whole $#!+ load of different Toy engines.
buick turbo V-6's, V-8's, one i haven't seen yet is a RB26TT swap though :lol2:

I've had the rwd 4g63 idea floating around awhile also. found most of the info needed by just doing google searches one night.. LOL The 76-77 have a larger engine bay then the 71-75 so that'll help ya. they are mid sump cross-members, probably have to make
a custom one.
72-RA21, 77-RA29, 83-RA65C, 88-AllTrac, 80-RN60-4x4, RA42-race car, 04 F150 STX tow rig.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"..
"Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing it's Idiot"
BluFalcon

Post by BluFalcon »

The 4G63 made the Conquest an entirely different animal. Smooth, powerful and a blast to drive. The 4G63 in the Mighty Max made it into a tail happy, tire smoking street hooligan that trapped high and was a handful to drive. He eventually installed an LSD which cured a lot of the problems associated with the extra power. I think a 4G63 with a EVO3 16G and some HKS 264's would be the perfect setup for a car like the Celica. Give it some more power, but don't make it so complicated that it's not any fun to drive anymore. That's what's happened to my Talon, and I'm trying to keep it from happening to my GVR-4.

I've got some feelers out for 1st Gen Celicas, but the majority of the deals seem to be out in California. I'll keep looking for the right one. I'd prefer a coupe, but the looks of the liftbacks are starting to grow on me.
Miles.BIDD

Post by Miles.BIDD »

welcome aboard man! you should talk to Kuroi on this forum. if i remember correctly, he has a 4g63 in his celica.
another member who goes by superrandomguy is also very into DSM's... he has had alot of them as well, and was in the process of swapping a 4g63 into his 73 as well... goodluck to you
add us on myspace... myspace.com/backindadayz408
Blogspot: Ithinkitsmiles.Blogspot.com