new to the forums

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
teachmethings

new to the forums

Post by teachmethings »

RA21 from Vancouver, Washington... jealous of other countrys' less strict emmisions standards :banghead:

20R 38/40 downdraft... soon to be w50 (mines toast). gutted as hell. one seat. cheap-o GT grant steering wheel.
pics to come. soon. :cheers: cheers to overseas toyota heads
74 18RG

Re: new to the forums

Post by 74 18RG »

WELCOME to the nice toy bb.

is yours a driver? or a project?

:ohyeah:
1)"GRANDMA "Always said "If you have nothing nice to say, Bite your lip-untill you do" oh and ! Old School RA21:From Stock to 7/8 scale 69 Z-28 Road racer,maybe?..
Blaze86Vic

Post by Blaze86Vic »

Welcome to the forum!

Stripped down, blown transmission, one seat....drift or track car?

Would love to see pics!
StingrayGT

Post by StingrayGT »

welcome and :cheers: to you too :2thumbs:
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome from North of the Border!

I'm just outside Vancouver (BC).

Good to hear another Classic is gonna be saved.

Cheers,
Pete
teachmethings

Post by teachmethings »

thanks guys!! ill post pics of the ride asap. pretty shabby still but its still my second project ever.... its my first celica and i absolutely love it! to answer the questions.. yes i am a driver.... a drifter to be exact. i'm one of those grassroots fellows who'd rather cut the springs and exaust and go driftin haha :woot: . my pops is a super super old, super super experienced mechanic turned instructor. he refused foreign cars back in his day but he pointed me in the right direction on my first car... a TE51 corolla. nowadays he's not so much into mechanics as much as he used to, yet he still trains the washington state emmisions test dudes (not like that has a damn to do with what i work with). anyways i hope that lets you all know a lil bit more about where i'm comin from.... TOYOTA people are like none other... ill leave it at that :wave:
teachmethings

Post by teachmethings »

... driveway dweller

stoked when i first wired in my tach and speedo. i got the car with the front half the wiring harness scrapped by tweakers :banghead:

pretty damn happy when i had every guage wired in with a woodgrain dash (74 ST, same as the GT one). toggles galore!

20R with the webber. it pukes gas in there.... but i'm pretty satisfied with it

.... at first i thought the wiring was so fucked that it'd never be street legal... but it turns out i'm better at wiring than i thought. wired street legal now.

when it comes to weather like this... all we say is..... "welcome to washington" :doh:

sorry for the low quality of the pix. i took them with my phone. ill take more with a real digital camera and post them.... if they didn't work then than myspace is horseshit... oh wait... we all knew that...
ill photobucket them and post asap if they dont work
Blaze86Vic

Post by Blaze86Vic »

I fixed the code for you, but your profile is private so we can't see the full size images.
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

he pointed me in the right direction on my first car... a TE51 corolla.
Nice! That was my first car as well! Actually, it was my first three cars... :D But now I've converted to Celicaism and it's in my blood to drive my Celica. But my 77 TE51 is a close second!

I have a few pics of my Corollas on the first post of my thread. :2thumbs:

http://1stgencelica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2222
View my current build here:

Foxau2.tumblr.com

Until the forum is open for all to view without logging in, my updates will go there.