Hey!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
rachuck21

Hey!

Post by rachuck21 »

Hi, I,m in NW Montana , Ive had my 74 GT for almost 30 yrs and i'm trying to put it back on the road after some doofus gutted it out and turned it into a race car(autocross)doofus =me! Its a pretty straight and rust free car, since I gave it lots of panels when you could buy them from the dealership.(inc a quarterpanel) Can anyone tell me will 76 -77 hood hinges fit my 74? I saw another asked the same ,but it wasnt answered, Id appreciate any help !Image
Last edited by rachuck21 on December 17th, 2009, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill
https://imgur.com/m2giFIx
Miles.BIDD

Re: Hey!

Post by Miles.BIDD »

welcome to the home of 1st gen celicas.... plz post some pics of your gutted out racer :lol:
as for your question about the hinges... i doubt it would work. cuz if i remember correctly, somebody told me my 75 hinges wouldnt work on the 71-74, so iono about 76-77
add us on myspace... myspace.com/backindadayz408
Blogspot: Ithinkitsmiles.Blogspot.com
Michael Murphy Sr.

Post by Michael Murphy Sr. »

Welcome, :wave: That must have been fun racing her, Had my Celica for 38 years but only had enough balls to auto cross her. Because of headers, carb, springs and etc, they put me with Porsches and the like, she mustave scared them a little :lol2: , I was only down a 100 or so HP, still lots of fun :ohyeah: This is a good sit for info, good luck with the restore :cheers: Mike
71 Celica
Looked great on the showroom floor in 71, still has that wow factor to me....
46 years latter, still every day driver when theres no salt on the roads......
450,000 miles and counting
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome!

I'm also pretty sure hinges from a 76-77 will not fit earlier models. The hoods and front fenders are different, as the front end is longer on those years, also flatter along the front too.

Never heard the 75 hinges wouldn't fit a 71-74, I would have thought they would, but then again they have a different style of hood so maybe not.

:cheers:
Pete
rachuck21

Post by rachuck21 »

Thanx all,
I think I figured it out.(again) Looks like 71-75 hinges are all the same , they just have to be moved out (l & r )about 2" for a 75.
Chuck
Last edited by rachuck21 on December 21st, 2009, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaze86Vic

Post by Blaze86Vic »

So are you taking it off the courses forever???? Noooo, don't leave me all alone!!! :D

Looks very nice in the picture!! Can't wait to see more. And welcome to the forum!
rachuck21

Post by rachuck21 »

No, Ill still race if the local SCCA can get it toghether. Last year they only had 4 events. Ill have to soak my slicks in something cause they got really hard !
Blaze86Vic

Post by Blaze86Vic »

I feel the tire pain. I gave up on mine, and started doing a lot better with the fresh street tires lol.
rachuck21

Post by rachuck21 »

Heres a shot of my wheels I just got,I think 225 45 15 on the rear, and 205 50 up front.Image
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

I LOVE those wheels. They are at the top of my list for my car, but they don't seem to be too popular. Where did you find your set?
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
cheela

Post by cheela »

WOW! surprised that's clean!
72Argee

Post by 72Argee »

welcome!

i really like those wheels....pls post some pics of your racing days. thanks.
Blaze86Vic

Post by Blaze86Vic »

Does that have the weld in flares on the fenders? Looks like it's got an extra inch of flare compared to mine.
rachuck21

Post by rachuck21 »

Thank You All, No flares, stock except the lip is removed in the rear. The wheels are eagle brand and have an alum. center cap.I found them on craigslist when I was getting ready to drive way to far to get my 74 GT parts car.The guy had $80 on them, when I didnt leap on em right away he told me the recycler could pay 5 bucks each, would I ? Couldnt believe it ,15 x 7 . 0 offset and they polish up nice!
7t5-27

Post by 7t5-27 »

I like the see through tires myself! Be safe
Greg
It's a TA27 not a TE27