At it again

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
77RA29

At it again

Post by 77RA29 »

Hey Guys,
I just joined a week ago and I think I have already read every post on the site. I am a Former Nissan Sunny guy. I started out on the Imports in Japan. I was a Mopar guy until I seen a corolla run 10's in the quarter. I WAS HOOKED! I went through an array of Cars, first a Sunny B310 LB and then I moved up to a Ken Mary Skyline. I liked the Sunnys better and it wasn't long until I was back in one, this time a 4 door 310. We Street Raced every Friday and Saturday and then would do Gymkhana every other Sunday with the Car Club (KSCC) I went to Okinawa for three years and there I got back into the scene, this time an FC3 RX7 Turbo intercooled. The engine went on me and I got lucky and found a R32 Skyline. No Street racing there, Though it was cool to cruise in. I came upon a deal from a Japanese friend of mine and he offered his Soarer to me for dirt cheap, so I bout it with intent to bring it back to the states with me. Both cars ended up staying there, I made alot more on them then what I paid for them and I figured I could get something else at a later time.

Well, Its later and I picked up a 77 LB 34k original miles. 1 Owner but it has sat for a few years and I have started a full restoration on it. What really makes me mad is that I had brought back a whole crap load of parts from Japan ( Watnabe's (3 complete sets), Carbs, 2 engines, and other parts) and I since have gotten rid of them. While in the states I have had a few different cars, 78 Trans Am, 91 Mustang LX, 69 Mustang, 86 Toyota 4X4, 87 Toyota 4X4, and I just recently finished up another 87 Toy. This time with everything that I didnt have on the other 2 (Pwr Strng, AC, & EFI) I currently have an M3, the 87 4X4, and now the RA29. I look forward to the advise you all have to give.

Thanks again for all of the insite on the 1st Gen Celis!

77RA29

As soon as I figure out how to post pics, I will.

P .S. Look for me in the Project galley in the next few days.

Thanks Again.
StingrayGT

Re: At it again

Post by StingrayGT »

welcome

looking forward for a lot pictures on the celica project and your other cars

to post picture you just need to register to something like photobucket, upload it there and copy paste the url here
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

Welcome aboard. I like your taste in cars :)
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
kitfoxrider

Post by kitfoxrider »

looking forward to some pics of the 77 lb, Weldon aboard