I had no idea I had friends

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Rgraham155

I had no idea I had friends

Post by Rgraham155 »

Hey everyone! Up until now I thought I was the only one that that had a strange liking for the first gen's!!!!!!!!!!!! I have owned a total of 7 in my life with the last one about 15 years ago. I currently don't own one but have been looking hard locally to find the right one. Anybody in the Puget Sound/Pacific NW area with something for sale? I don't have much free time to get on forums because I am always in the shop working on projects but I look forward to sharing stories here. Later
A wise man once said "you only need what's around you" well, when I looked around I saw a pimp with a shiny pair of shoes and a 49 Mercury!
WIQDTOY

Re: I had no idea I had friends

Post by WIQDTOY »

you came to the right place.

we're all a little crazy about these old school cars... maybe borderline insane, fanatical perhaps.

if you find yourself stopping what you are doing just to look at these old cars, you're one of us!

i think there are quite a few in your area.
Ray
"who wants to own a car you can't drive 12 feet away from a trailer! those cars belong in a museum!" -anonymous
StingrayGT

Post by StingrayGT »

yeah we all here :screwy: about 1st gen celica
exodus

Post by exodus »

StingrayGT wrote:yeah we all here :screwy: about 1st gen celica
i second that......

at first i was like i dont want an OLD car... what am i going to do with it..... since i got one... boy im always on the look out for what can i get for my car.... etc...

welcome to the forum.....

so what kinda projects do you do?
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
72Argee

Post by 72Argee »

well you're not the only one....i'm new to this site also and had been away for many, many years but now i'm glad that i came across cool old schoolers. as a matter of fact i've met a few of the members already and yeah, it certainly is nice.

welcome to the 1stgencelica group!
Rgraham155

Post by Rgraham155 »

Thanks guy's. I've never really lost the bug and learned aboult pre 80's Toyota's through my first job. I was only 14 and started working at an all Toyota salvage yard. I had that job all the way through high school. My list of old rides is a big one and is about to come full circle when I can get my hands on another RA21. I have already learned a few things here from other threads. I sometimes laugh at how many people think I am crazy for even thinking that old japanese cars are cool. That just means more for us, right?
A wise man once said "you only need what's around you" well, when I looked around I saw a pimp with a shiny pair of shoes and a 49 Mercury!
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome aboard!

:cheers:
Pete