New here from Louisville, KY!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
metzger

New here from Louisville, KY!

Post by metzger »

Well, I was planning on laying low until I actually got a Celica, but I read the policy on members being deleted after 15 days with no activity and figured I'd like to spend some time on here whether I get one of these or not.

I just took a look at JD's old '75 earlier today (yesterday, technically) and I'm trying to talk myself into it. Or maybe I'm trying to talk myself out of it, because after seeing it I feel like I need it haha. I currently drive a 2008 Lexus IS250 6-speed manual and I have a broken '91 300ZX sitting in the garage with a half-built twin turbo engine sitting on the stand next to it waiting for me to finish. The Lexus will probably be gone soon. Coming from my 745Li the IS isn't quite nice enough and coming from my Z it's not quite fun enough so I think I'm ready to move on.

My current collection:

Anyway, it's 1am and I haven't had dinner yet. This beer is giving me a headache and my pizza has arrived, so I'm gonna see if I can cure this situation.
slowmo

Re: New here from Louisville, KY!

Post by slowmo »

Welcome aboard. Great taste in cars! Why a 1st gen celica? And do you want one that is built or do you want a project? Basically what are your plans?
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
white93mr2

Post by white93mr2 »

Hi fellow 502ss'er, they are a fun but sometimes aggravating hobby. I love mine dearly!!!
To see how Groupb treated me as a customer see: http://www.1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13485 *SPOILER* im still angry about it
metzger

Post by metzger »

slowmo wrote:Welcome aboard. Great taste in cars! Why a 1st gen celica? And do you want one that is built or do you want a project? Basically what are your plans?
Thanks! Why a 1st gen? I fell in love with them a few years ago when I came across one on ebay. I was trying to buy it, but someone hit the Buy It Now literally about 10 minutes before I decided I wanted to do the same thing so I missed out. I'm not really looking for a project, just a nice car that I can enjoy and drive around and do a little maintenance to as it's needed. The Z is my project and still needs a good amount of money before it's done. As far as my plans, I really don't know. We'll see once I get one. I come from the drag racing and highway roll racing crowd, but I've been wanting to get into road course track days for years, just never got around to it.
white92mr2 wrote:Hi fellow 502ss'er, they are a fun but sometimes aggravating hobby. I love mine dearly!!!
Thanks! Good to see some locals on here. :wink:
StingrayGT

Post by StingrayGT »

welcome

those rolling shots is awesome, I just went from a photoshoot with my AE86, hopefully mine will turn out nice like yours :2thumbs:
metzger

Post by metzger »

Thanks! I'll be looking for those shots. :)
white93mr2

Post by white93mr2 »

Any luck yet metz?? I found mine using craiglook, it allows you to seach all cities at once. I live in the paducah area and found mine in Wisconsin, it was a long drive but worth it!! Let me know if I can help.
To see how Groupb treated me as a customer see: http://www.1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13485 *SPOILER* im still angry about it
StingrayGT

Post by StingrayGT »

metzger wrote:Thanks! I'll be looking for those shots. :)
you can see it here forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3632
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome,

Nice pics of a couple of nice cars.

Besides e-Bay, you can also try this Search Tempest it also searches all of Craigslist

http://www.searchtempest.com/

:cheers:
Pete
metzger

Post by metzger »

white93mr2 wrote:Any luck yet metz?? I found mine using craiglook, it allows you to seach all cities at once. I live in the paducah area and found mine in Wisconsin, it was a long drive but worth it!! Let me know if I can help.
Yeah, I believe I've made a deal on one! forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5243
white93mr2

Post by white93mr2 »

Hey If your serious about that car, I know a very reputable shipper in the Murray area I can try to hook you up with. He was going to charge a grand to get the one I flew to San Diego to look at home for me. I'd like to come up and see that car when you get it home!!
metzger

Post by metzger »

white93mr2 wrote:Hey If your serious about that car, I know a very reputable shipper in the Murray area I can try to hook you up with. He was going to charge a grand to get the one I flew to San Diego to look at home for me. I'd like to come up and see that car when you get it home!!
I'm actually on business in San Antonio so the car is just a few hours away. I'll be out there with the car until July. As long as I don't have any problems out of it during that time I'm not scared to drive it back to KY.
xxcoolrollinxx

Post by xxcoolrollinxx »

welcome .. i am also another 502ss'er .. well sorta haha im on the boards .. but live in indiana .. ill keep an eye out for a 1st gen .. i myself have a 71 celica ..
71' Celica ST - 54k original miles Low and Slow
98' Camaro Z28 - daily
Reppin' the Midwest Classic Import Scene
metzger

Post by metzger »

xxcoolrollinxx wrote:welcome .. i am also another 502ss'er .. well sorta haha im on the boards .. but live in indiana .. ill keep an eye out for a 1st gen .. i myself have a 71 celica ..
We'll have to get a few of the 502 guys together.
xxcoolrollinxx

Post by xxcoolrollinxx »

were gonna try and get a meet together this spring .. ive already got some guys interested so deff have to get some 502 guys to come ... just check the meet/event section every once in awhile
-matt
71' Celica ST - 54k original miles Low and Slow
98' Camaro Z28 - daily
Reppin' the Midwest Classic Import Scene