fng on the forum here

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Yang Xiong

fng on the forum here

Post by Yang Xiong »

Hi everybody. Glad to had finally join a club/forum worth my time. I'm pretty new to the 1st gen celicas and that being said I like to introduce you guys to my new baby (original 1971 celica st). Pictures coming soon. My dreams for this car is beyond anything I've ever done but with your guys help this dream will come true. As far as my status I am broke but have been holding on and dragging this car everywhere I moved. It will be a slow build because you know, family first, but I have high hopes. I ditched the old 18rc in hopes to put in the beast 1jzgte vvti. The car is in decent condition but needs a few touch ups. Any info is greatly appreciated. I will keep this brief until I post up pictures but looking forward to the next celica meet. :wave:
Last edited by Yang Xiong on February 28th, 2011, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
75CelicaGT

Re: fng on the forum here

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome! :wave:

Can't wait to see the pics. And it sounds like you have some bold plans, a 1jz will be a hard squeeze into a pre 76 due to the shorter front end, and I have heard from others doing a non-vvti 1jz that the vvti is a lot more hassle and expense for not much extra in return.

But don't let me kill your dream.

:cheers:
Pete
white93mr2

Post by white93mr2 »

In for pics!! Welcome!! :wave:
To see how Groupb treated me as a customer see: http://www.1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13485 *SPOILER* im still angry about it
Miles.BIDD

Post by Miles.BIDD »

75CelicaGT wrote:Welcome! :wave:

Can't wait to see the pics. And it sounds like you have some bold plans, a 1jz will be a hard squeeze into a pre 76 due to the shorter front end, and I have heard from others doing a non-vvti 1jz that the vvti is a lot more hassle and expense for not much extra in return.

But don't let me kill your dream.

:cheers:
Pete
i second Pete, but people pull of some crazy stuff when they work hard for it..
just know it WILL be tough, and it WILL be costly, and most of all it WILL take alot of work and dedication
add us on myspace... myspace.com/backindadayz408
Blogspot: Ithinkitsmiles.Blogspot.com
1JZRA21

Post by 1JZRA21 »

Yaah another Sac Guy! Welcome to the board there a a few of us here in town! I have done the 1J thing in mine be ready for a lot of fabbing!
Cary
Miles.BIDD

Post by Miles.BIDD »

oh yeah... i forgot about the Sac thing... in that case... just trot over to cary, and that 1jz will fit right in
add us on myspace... myspace.com/backindadayz408
Blogspot: Ithinkitsmiles.Blogspot.com
Yang Xiong

Post by Yang Xiong »

Thanks for the reply. Like I said, I will take any info and advise I can get, so thank you. But I must say I am getting a pretty good deal for this one if it goes through. My buddy just has to let me know if he is going to fix his is300 with the 1j vvti or hand it down to me for a fraction of what he bought it for. His wiring caught on fire and light up his engine bay that is why it's so cheap ;) but I am just waiting until he gives me the word.
xengo

Post by xengo »

Hey whats up, I myself is doing a 1J vvti swap right now. Its not to bad, takes a lot of time though. Im in the same boat you are with family and the car. Its gonna take lots of hours fabricating things. It will be worth it at the end though.