20R Celica ST Coupe

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
22RTEdragon

20R Celica ST Coupe

Post by 22RTEdragon »

Whatup peeps

i caught the bug as soon as i saw a 1st gen celica on craigslist and ended up picking it up for 200 bucks.

i've been inquiring with people on suggestions on swaping my engine out. Originally i was going with the 20r/22re hybrid but am a little weary passing smog out here in cali. someone suggested a 22rte into the car and it sounds like a sweet idea (that and cuz its stock turbo) but i want to make sure i make a sound decision.

this project of mine (after pursuading my lovely wife) is going to be my daily driver so it needs to be reliable but with enough kick...you know what i mean?

So as of right now im researching 22rte and seeing how likely and how easy will it be to dump into my 1977 celica coupe (RA24)

Peace and i hope you guys are getting rest because my baby girl is keeping me up all night just thinking about how awesome she'll turn out.

Pix to come shortly.
carkraze

Post by carkraze »

pretty much everything is drop in, the only difficult part is the wiring! im doing this swap myself and its taken me 1 yr so far.. and not running yet!! but thats cause i barely work on it.. im hoping to complete by the end of the month..
sophear

Post by sophear »

whats up man what part of diego you from?
im in fashion valley
JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

Welcome aboard 22rtedragon, would love to see your ride and your progress in the project section. I got your PM by the way.
JDM_GUY DRU Building to prove a purpose for those who ridiculed.
ra29mike

Post by ra29mike »

hey buddy finally made it on here 8) cool
22RTEdragon

Post by 22RTEdragon »

sophear: im residing in what locals call Chula Juana (Chula Vista and Tijuana).

Shouts to ra29mike to getting me on board. Im gonna tray and get my old man on this trip but he is too focused on his 79 spitfire. He did pick up a dash and a original steering wheel at Pick Your Parts junkyard today for 60 bucks though..gotta love him cuz my wife wont trip about the extra mula spent.

carkraze:Cool, its good to know its just a drop in. i gotta somehow speed up my project car cuz im goaling it to run by the end of may. No probs with smog?

JDM_Guy: yeah man, i hear your the supplier the Man. that is awesome. those smileys really don't make you smlile after you get the prices but man do they look so sick. i think the moment i get them, i can say "hello, Sexy Mama!"
carkraze

Post by carkraze »

22rte into our later gens are drop in.. just use the 20r oil pan.. you'll also need some things from the 22rte too, like fuel pump, alternator, ignitor, throttle cable, and wiring harnesses should be both engine and body if possible..im not sure about smog as mines not running yet..
sophear

Post by sophear »

aaahhh chula juana... close to the junk yards :wink:
we often have local old skool meets from time to time so i'll let you know when