New guy with one rusty 71 celica! and 81 gta

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
pancho y onions

New guy with one rusty 71 celica! and 81 gta

Post by pancho y onions »

well ive been on here for a while but never introduced myself. The flares have been removed and a stock replacemt panle is on the way....hopefully. the the 2nd gen i will be putting back together and repairing the rust which is almost done Not nearly as bad as the 71. Only thing ill be doing to this is doing a manual swap. and OMG! the interior in the 2nd gen is like a 9/10. i will be putting all my efforts on the 71. I finally picked up my floor board replacement on sat so that will be going in as soon as i get my rockers. Ill be going to a nice junk yard where the have 2 of them so ill be tearing that one like no tomorrow. here are the pics. Luckily the 71 has a nice interior for its age. Dash is clean with no cracks or distortions. The good thing is most of the rust are on panels that can be replaced with work.Frame is still solid and so is the trunk and wheel well.

and the RA20!!

And my DD till i get my 81 finished.
Hamza

Re: New guy with one rusty 71 celica! and 81 gta

Post by Hamza »

Rust as far as the eye can see surprised surprised surprised surprised :uh:
ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

That's some scary lookin rust! confused
pancho y onions

Post by pancho y onions »

Bet them cheeks thats some rust. But i finally got my right side floor board about a week ago. Waiting for my rockers,rear valance and both full rockers to arrive and both front fenders. Cant wait. plan is to work from the rear get my valance in and quarter panel peace in and work my way forward. Its a lot of work but ill get it al finished up. Luckily the frame rails and front are solid. (surprised)