Richard, a Toyotaoholic!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
BubbaJohnson

Richard, a Toyotaoholic!

Post by BubbaJohnson »

Hey Everybody,

My name is Richard and I am a Toyotaoholic. It all started with my first car that I bought on my 18th birthday, a 82 Corolla Liftback. After that car got crunched by a idiotic person who did not know left-hand turns yield I bought my first Celica, a 81 coupe which my brother and I completly worked over and repainted last summer. The interior is currently all apart awaiting the installation of a collection of mostly great condition original parts.
My other Celica is a 75 ST coupe I bought last November, it's in really good all original shape with only one crack in the dash and a couple small rust spots to show for it's (I think) 330,000 miles.

Other Toyotas are my 2 82 Corolla wagons, a 80 Corolla Liftback I bought last January for mostly emotional reasons because I loved the 82 Liftback so much. A 1980 Corona which was the worst vehicle purchase I ever made, drove the thing 1800 miles and spent $2200 (altough that at least includes the purchase price) trying to keep it running and reliable, that car had seriously bad karma. Last thing is a 1977 Corona wagon I bought last month.

Pictures of the 81 exterior restore can be found here: http://picasaweb.google.com/BubbaJohnson/Celica
Pictures of the 75 can be found here: http://picasaweb.google.com/BubbaJohnson/75Celica and if you poke around my albums further you can find pics of pretty much all my Toyotas.

Yotas owned:
- 1975 Celica ST Coupe x2
- 1981 Celica ST Coupe
- 2, 1982 Corolla Wagons
- 1982/80 Corolla Liftbacks, 82 R.I.P
- 1979 TE51 Liftback
- 1980 Corona Wagon R.I.P
- 1977 Corona Wagon R.I.P
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

got to love a guy that admits he has a problem!

"hello, my name is Richard, and i...am a TOYOTAHOLIC"

stand loud and proud!

welcome!

Ryan
C. Phillips

Re: Richard, a Toyotaoholic!

Post by C. Phillips »

Richard, you have done a great job on the car. I myself have an 81 coupe GT and having a hard time finding the exterior door handles. Being in Nova Scotia, Canada ,rust does the old celicas in therefore its almost impossible to get parts. I have an extra car in which I have stripped the parts that are cosmetic are hard to replace. I put the car up whereas I haven't used it in 15 winters and someday fix it to my liking. It is great to see a young guy appreciate a car enough to make it shine like the day it came off the assembly line.

C. Phillips;)
StingrayGT

Post by StingrayGT »

another toyotaoholic !

welcome :cheers:
Miles.BIDD

Post by Miles.BIDD »

i wanna see those 82 wagons.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
im a sucker for the wagon. business up front, party in the back
add us on myspace... myspace.com/backindadayz408