made the plunge

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
vankoughn

made the plunge

Post by vankoughn »

hello all
after much searching i purchased a 72 st this morning. I will post some pics when i pick it up later in the week. It has 30,000 miles on it, a bored out 1.8 (present owner doesn't know how much but there is paper work), nos, holley 4 barrel carb, minor surface rust, and a totally 80's red and black velor interior. Part of the reason I jumped on the car was It has spent its entire life in Burlington Ontario Canada which meant no shipping costs or border hassles from the states.
My first order of business is to find a reputable tuner shop in the greater Toronto area (any body know of one?) to discuss build options.

My name is mike and I look forward to picking your brains for knowledge in the near future
75CelicaGT

Re: made the plunge

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome Mike :wave:

Nice to see another fellow Canadian. Can't wait to see the pics.....As for shops, Sorry I'm all the way in BC so can't help you there.

:cheers:
Pete

PS: Please update your Location in your Profile when you have a chance. I'm assuming it will be Toronto, ONT, CANADA.
ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Welcome! :)
quick72toy

Post by quick72toy »

Welcome Mike
I haven't been around much lately but, I'm also a Canadian member (GTA)
Don't know offhand of any local area tuners who would be able to help you out, but if you post some of the ideas you have been thinking about build wise, no doubt the guys here will chime in with some solid ideas, and a direction you can go in.
Cheers
Paul
72 Toyota Celica with a 87 Buick Grand National drive train