New guy with a '73 TA22..

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
dBaseD

New guy with a '73 TA22..

Post by dBaseD »

.. project. But aren't they all? =)

Picked up 2 cars worth of parts for $1000. '73 TA22 18RG (with a spare 18RC) and a T40 (with a spare A40) 2 hoods, trunks, fenders, bumpers, etc. Just a bonus that it came with old school 13x7 Enkei's too.

It's pretty much gutted at the moment and resting in my carport in the "classic" bondo yellow color.

The idea currently is to fab a sheet metal intake and convert it to an EDIS4 ignition with a megasquirt EMS. I have a penchant for turbocharging everything (I have a 91 GMC Syclone and a turbo 94 Mustang Cobra) so it will likely be getting a Bullseye s256 turbo and some leftover 42lb injectors from my mustang to compliment the EFI and EDIS.

I thought about doing a 1jz swap, but then I logged on here and saw all the f20c/3sgte/1jz conversions. Since I haven't seen a single EFI/Turbo 18RG (in a celica anyways) - I decided I really like the idea of a turbo RG. :2thumbs:

My neighbor recently built a 10 sec turbo starlet with an 18RG - so i'm hoping mine can hold together with ~18lbs of boost and some e85.

ChristobalRocks

Re: New guy with a '73 TA22..

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Nice! Welcome to the board! :)
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome :wave:

Looks and sounds like a great starting point for a project.

:cheers:
Pete
faffi

Post by faffi »

welcome ,have a lot of fun with your car
love your weels (never saw that brand of tieres )

faffi