Hi!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
RaptorReed

Hi!

Post by RaptorReed »

I am here to learn about these cars and all the tech around them. I've never owned a toyota before, just a couple Mitsus, so this is all new to me. My name is Tim, I'm 23 and reside up in Oak Harbor, WA. I'll be looking into possibly picking up one of these cars when I get back from deployment next year (I'm leaving soon). If you have to ask what branch of the military, I'm navy and usually found wrenching on the turboprop motors of these 50yr old airplanes Image, been in for about 5 years now.

My current project/restoration right now is a 91' Mitsu Galant VR-4, it had a lot of rust issues when I picked it up on the rear end :cry2: . Though in the time I've had it I have accomplished replacing the whole rear suspension and brakes with rust free parts all that's really left is the underbody around the fuel tank and fuel lines. When I'm done with this car it will be time to move onto something different :2thumbs: , 4G63s are cool motors and all, but "meh" they are everywhere.

Here's a couple pics
An idea of the rust I've dealt with,
and from when I drove from VA to WA last July

See you guys around!
Tim Reed
91 Galant VR4
76 Colt Galant Coupe
77 Colt Galant Wagon
89 Suburban 4x4 - Car Hauler
TA28Dutch

Re: Hi!

Post by TA28Dutch »

Welcome! :wave:
And get back safely from you deployment.
Lately my mind is bit like my internet browser; too many open tabs, some are frozen,
and I have no idea where the music is coming from..... :roll:
1977 CelicaTA28,
1974 VW Type 2, (T1)
1976 Honda CB750
1992 Honda ST1100 Pan European
Rgraham155

Post by Rgraham155 »

Welcome! First off, thank you for your service. And there seems to be a bunch of us in the PNW. Lot's of information here, overwhelming sometimes. Enjoy
A wise man once said "you only need what's around you" well, when I looked around I saw a pimp with a shiny pair of shoes and a 49 Mercury!
RaptorReed

Post by RaptorReed »

Thanks for welcome. I'm sure there are a lot of PNW'ers out here, seems to be where a lot of the nostalgic imports are located. I'll be sure to learn a lot on here and from my buddy, he has 81' corolla coupe, that he has been doing some minor work on. The benefit of the northwest is you don't really have to worry to much about rust, where as my mitsu is from mountain area of NC and that had quite a bit of rust, but I've put too much time and effort into it to ever want to sell it.
Tim Reed
91 Galant VR4
76 Colt Galant Coupe
77 Colt Galant Wagon
RaptorReed

Post by RaptorReed »

Well, almost done with my deployment (in double digits now), and still on the look out for a 1st gen, however from the time I joined on here, I did pick up a couple 70s colts along the way. Still room for a Celica though :2thumbs:
Tim Reed
91 Galant VR4
76 Colt Galant Coupe
77 Colt Galant Wagon