1976 Celica GT Story....

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
jb82z76

1976 Celica GT Story....

Post by jb82z76 »

Whats up everybody! Been driving my celica for the past 5 months. I wouldn't mind a new engine though. The 20R is a bit slow, but everywhere I go, people notice my ride. Feels pretty good. This celica was originally owned by a lady that passed away a few years back. Her daughter sold it to my friend's dad for 2k just to get rid of it! Everything on it was original, clean title, original paint, and with only 81k on it, my friend's dad bought it right away. She could have gotten so much more for it. There was nothing wrong with the car since my dad's friend is a mechanic, but he did installed a new carburator, clutch, and replaced the side mirror with 1 on both sides. He had it for about a year and only drove it to work and back. I bought this ride off of him back in December of 2009 right before the new year. I don't know what happen to the original rims, but they've been replace with some deepdish rims I don't care for. No money for new ones yet. I took off the plastic rubber racing strip on both sides and it looks so much better now. The whole car is a light beige color with the GT logo followed by a black racing strip on the bottome sides of the doors. Right now I have 99,700 miles on it. Still original engine. I don't know if they come in automatic, but it's a 5 speed stickshift. I really don't know 2 much about this car, but people I've talked to says it's the cleanest original celica they've seen for so long and not to sell it for less then 4 to 5 grand. So far I've changed out the spark plugs n wires, ignition coil, oil, air filter, battery and thats pretty much it. Everything else is original. Only problems right now is the alighment is off, springs n shocks are going out cuz they're the original ones, but it drives like a charm. I really don't know if I should sell it, keep it, fix it up or what, but I really like it. I don't work. I just go to college and get paid for it since I was in the military. It runs great, looks great, and I'm constantly running into people who want to buy it, but don't have the money for it. I will try to put up pics later when I figure out how to do it. Not much of an computer person but I can type really fast, lol, thats about it. thanks for reading and if u have any questions, just ask.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by jb82z76 on May 16th, 2010, 8:22 pm, edited 13 times in total.
75CelicaGT

Re: 1976 Celica GT Story....

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome :wave:

Sounds Great!

Read this link to find out how to post your pictures.

forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6683

:cheers:
Pete
StingrayGT

Post by StingrayGT »

that is one clean celica! rust free by the look of it or almost fust free

and welcome :wave:
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

Welcome.. it looks clean and solid. good find.. u still have a lot of miles on that engine.. if u only have less than 100k. whats ur location? im also in the military army reserves. theres couple of military guys and veterans in here.. if i were u keep the car and ull regret it selling it later if u did.. the only draw back its a 76 and ur in california, jst keep it stock. yes it also came with Auto but people wants stick.. have fun with her this is a great community and good people..

Rocky
ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Congrats on finding such a clean 1st gen! :)
celicoupe

Post by celicoupe »

What a beauty! If you decide to sell it, sell it on here so it will fall into good hands.
Subtle but stylish
jb82z76

Post by jb82z76 »

StingrayGT wrote:that is one clean celica! rust free by the look of it or almost fust free

and welcome :wave:
thanks, it is pretty much rust free, but there is a small rust spot near the top of the car right above the right door, but its so small that u gotta be looking right at it to notice it! i'll fix it eventually. but other then that, ur pretty much right! let's hope i can keep it that way!
jb82z76

Post by jb82z76 »

jhun_hapi wrote:Welcome.. it looks clean and solid. good find.. u still have a lot of miles on that engine.. if u only have less than 100k. whats ur location? im also in the military army reserves. theres couple of military guys and veterans in here.. if i were u keep the car and ull regret it selling it later if u did.. the only draw back its a 76 and ur in california, jst keep it stock. yes it also came with Auto but people wants stick.. have fun with her this is a great community and good people..

Rocky
yeah, maybe in a few years california will change it laws, haha, fat chance of that, california sucks, we can't do nothing with our cars! but yeah, thanks. i'm no longer in the military. was in the navy 4 years, navy reserve for a year, and then a year in the army national guard. i do miss it though. lot of good memories and bad ones too, but definately worth it. i do it all over again if i could. i almost sold it a few times, but since it's my only car and everybody keeps telling me to keep it, i guess i'll keep it, still a nice car despite it being a 76, i would have loved to get my hands on a 75 though.
jb82z76

Post by jb82z76 »

ChristobalRocks wrote:Congrats on finding such a clean 1st gen! :)
thanks man! i love this car. it's just stock, but still a eye catcher. hopefully i'll never have to part from this car!
jb82z76

Post by jb82z76 »

celicoupe wrote:What a beauty! If you decide to sell it, sell it on here so it will fall into good hands.
thank u very much. i don't plan on selling it, but if somebody was to offer me a good enough price, then i might since i don't work and i only go to school, but i never had a car i like this much, so it would be hard to let go of. i'm sure u understand, lol, but yeah, thanks for the advice.