New to 1st gens,but not to celicas ;) (near sacramento)

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
ask92

New to 1st gens,but not to celicas ;) (near sacramento)

Post by ask92 »

Hi my name is Andrew and im 18 years old and live about 45 minutes east of Sacramento, CA. I own a 1994 Toyota celica coupe,ST :(...I have always loved the looks of the 1st gens and have finally gotten serious about getting one. My plans are to try to find a post 75 hatchback shell or project car for cheap. Then get a 2jz or V8 to swap in, i want the car to be street able but barely ;) I also want the car to be MINE,very custom everything(similar to my 6th gen)!Anyway thats my story and here is my at200

Side-notes about my car

290k on it with 90k on the engine
been in family since 94
Mine since 08
around only 500$ put into it
EVERYTHING done to the car i have done,from alignments to painting the car,never been in a shop while i've owned it!!!

When i got it in 08:

Now:

Thanks for looking!
will

Re: New to 1st gens,but not to celicas ;) (near sacramento)

Post by will »

hmm this car just screams 3sgte swap.

:cheers:
72-RA21, 77-RA29, 83-RA65C, 88-AllTrac, 80-RN60-4x4, RA42-race car, 04 F150 STX tow rig.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"..
"Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing it's Idiot"
ask92

Post by ask92 »

I would,but with the cali smog nazis,it being fwd,and the car meaning so much to me, i dont wanna risk getting her crushed :(
will

Post by will »

you guys cant even use the same year chassis or newer engine for swaps, as long as
all the new engines smog equip is intact and working? surprised wow thats just retarded..
like most of Kalifornia's politicans...
:screwy:
72-RA21, 77-RA29, 83-RA65C, 88-AllTrac, 80-RN60-4x4, RA42-race car, 04 F150 STX tow rig.
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

welcome.. clean ride.. good luck finding a 1st gen..
ask92

Post by ask92 »

The law is:
Engine Changes
Engine changes are legal as long as the following requirements are met to ensure that the change does not increase pollution from the vehicle:

* The engine must be the same year or newer than the vehicle.

* The engine must be from the same type of vehicle (passenger car, light-duty truck, heavy-duty truck, etc.) based on gross vehicle weight.

* If the vehicle is a California certified vehicle then the engine must also be a California certified engine.

* All emissions control equipment must remain on the installed engine.

Also you cannot change the drive type(awd,rwd)
will

Post by will »

ask92 wrote:The law is:
Engine Changes
Engine changes are legal as long as the following requirements are met to ensure that the change does not increase pollution from the vehicle:

* The engine must be the same year or newer than the vehicle.

* The engine must be from the same type of vehicle (passenger car, light-duty truck, heavy-duty truck, etc.) based on gross vehicle weight.

* If the vehicle is a California certified vehicle then the engine must also be a California certified engine.

* All emissions control equipment must remain on the installed engine.

Also you cannot change the drive type(awd,rwd)
thats perfect then..
find a 5th Gen GT(5S-FE FWD) and swap in the drive train
but put the 3S in it's place. Or use the 5S bottom end and the 3S head (and get 2.2L)
ask92

Post by ask92 »

Find me a mr2 3sgte that is older than 94,egr equipped and California certified and i will :)

(i know exactly how to do the swap,i would use the GT transmission(s54) and axles out of a GT 6th gen.The wiring is very easy,it consists of literally like 6 wires being spliced,you have to drill a new mount in and use the GT motor mounts with a st205 tranny mount... I know wat im doing :wave: :woot: IF i did it.

But it all comes down to is $2500 later is its still front wheel drive, and to me thats fairly big. However it would be a 300fwhp car capable of amazing things because of its weight..but still fail wheel drive :( :bawling:
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

1st - Welcome to the Club :wave:

2nd - I hope you don't have too much trouble finding a 1st Gen, I know I did, but you are in Cali which seems to have a much higher ratio than up here in the Pac NW
ask92 wrote:Find me a mr2 3sgte that is older than 94,egr equipped and California certified and i will :)

(i know exactly how to do the swap,i would use the GT transmission(s54) and axles out of a GT 6th gen.The wiring is very easy,it consists of literally like 6 wires being spliced,you have to drill a new mount in and use the GT motor mounts with a st205 tranny mount... I know wat im doing :wave: :woot: IF i did it.

But it all comes down to is $2500 later is its still front wheel drive, and to me thats fairly big. However it would be a 300fwhp car capable of amazing things because of its weight..but still fail wheel drive :( :bawling:
LOL Fail Wheel Drive - Haven't heard that one before, still it is a pretty sleek looking car, I like this pic of it best.
ask92 wrote:Image
:cheers:
Pete
1JZRA21

Post by 1JZRA21 »

Welcome! There are a few of us here in and near sac town.
Cary
ask92

Post by ask92 »

Found out today that my long lost grandfather has at least 2 big block v-8s with trannys laying in a storage container,right next to his welder :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Im wondering if there are any threads of v8 swaps out there?If so can u tell me who published them or just what to search?I dont expect ppl to search for me,unless u REALLY want to ;)