new from washington

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
lowlux77

new from washington

Post by lowlux77 »

whats up all my name is james im from renton, wa i have a 75 celica coupe that i think is a lt since thats what the grill badge said i also have a 77 hilux thats slammed with a static drop and a 81 lux thats my dd this is my fourth celica and my first first gen it is in need of a bit of rust repair in the usual spots around the rear quarters and the spare tire area ill have some pics up soon so im looking forward to getting to know you all and learn more about this classic ride
modernrockbro

Re: new from washington

Post by modernrockbro »

I'm sure "Will", will introduce himself. He's in your state and super cool and super knowledgeable. He loves California, but liked the weather so much better in Seattle, so he moved there. I have a bit of rust on my car, but I'm such a bad mf that I just say, "get the f@ck off of my car" and it just falls off. Had a 95 and 97 4Runner before my Celica. Big Toyota fan as well. Welcome. :wave:
Not everyone believes in "community". Some consistently hate & are negative. Some are self-preserving egomaniacs. The elitist clique ignores anyone outside their bubble. Lastly, innocent spectators, & then those who believe in community.
ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Welcome! :)

My first Celica was a '75 ST. Loved that car! :cheers:
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

welcome.. can u pls post some pics tnks..
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome :wave:

Great to hear there is another 75 on here. When I first joined there weren't many, but this year a number of new members have scooped one up and joined the 1st Gen crowd.

Let's see some pics.
:cheers:
Pete
lowlux77

Post by lowlux77 »

ok so i origanally started with a 75 and that has been a few months but now i have a 74 st with auto tranny that i plan on swapping out with everything from the 75. the 75 was just to rusted to fix so now its my donor car.. so here is the 74 Image Image ImageImage Image i have more pics ill post later my lunch is up so tell me what you all think
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Looks like a solid starting point :2thumbs: . Great to have the =) bumpers to start.

Is that a two tone Primer job, or is it really dull paint??
From the look of the hood on the 74 at the front, hopefully you can swap over the 75's if it is better shape.

From under the hood, it looks like it was originally the same yellow stock as my 75 was.

:cheers:
Pete
lowlux77

Post by lowlux77 »

thanks man.....ya its a real cheesy two tone primer job.. they painted over all the trim and bumpers....ya the hood is really sad looking i went to put the 75 hood on there but the mounting holes are further apart than the 74 hood is about by two inchs :banghead: so i am going to have to drill some new holes and move the mounts over. not unless someone has another idea
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

lowlux77 wrote:thanks man.....ya its a real cheesy two tone primer job.. they painted over all the trim and bumpers....ya the hood is really sad looking i went to put the 75 hood on there but the mounting holes are further apart than the 74 hood is about by two inchs :banghead: so i am going to have to drill some new holes and move the mounts over. not unless someone has another idea
I can't remember if you need to drill new holes to mount them, or if it is just a difference in the hinges from the two years. (I'm sure someone else will know). What hinges did you try with the 75 hood??
lowlux77

Post by lowlux77 »

well from holding them side by side they looked the same im just going to drill new holes