New in Washington State

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
76lift

New in Washington State

Post by 76lift »

Hey everybody, I have been in and out of the Celica market for years now, waiting for the right project, resources, etc. I was browsing CL and something caught my eye. a '76 Celica is all the ad said, no picture. I emailed anyway. Over the course of a few emails i found out alot; that it had a black interior, in good shape nonetheless, a straight body without rust, that it was a GT, and that it was an RA29! I showed up the next day with a tow dolly and $500 and towed her home. A battery and a new fuel pump later and she was driving! Only body damage is a quarter sized dent on the front of the fender, a busted out passenger side corner light, the trim piece below the corner light is dented and the hood hinge is bent. I picked up the trim piece and the hood hinge off a '75 coupe at a local pick and pull for $10, but someone beat me to the fender and corner light.
Slave cylinder is going out so that's next. Eventually, new paint, the current paint job (original?) is cracking badly. Coilovers up front and stiffer springs in the rear so she can corner, in the mean time a Weber for the 20r is in the works, in the long run a possible 5-lug swap and a definite engine swap. :woot:
lowlux77

Re: New in Washington State

Post by lowlux77 »

where in washington are you from im live in renton
modernrockbro

Post by modernrockbro »

Nice ride, and great deal. I'm sure you feel really good about that. :cheers: Way to go and Welcome. :wave:
Not everyone believes in "community". Some consistently hate & are negative. Some are self-preserving egomaniacs. The elitist clique ignores anyone outside their bubble. Lastly, innocent spectators, & then those who believe in community.
ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Welcome! :)

The fender from a '75 wouldn't have fit anyway. I think you may be able to order new corner lenses from groupb. Check out the Vendors section of this forum under weather stripping.

Cheers,

---==> Chris
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

Welcome :wave: wow thats so solid and clean.. any interior and engine pics.. tnks :2thumbs:
76lift

Post by 76lift »

I live in Bellingham but right now the car is at my folks house near Seattle (no engine or interior pics yet :banghead2: ), I won't be able to get to her much here in the next 3 weeks or so sadly but things should move along pretty quickly from then on.

I'm very excited about the car, like i said, i was looking off and on when this one came to my attention and it was a deal I couldn't pass up. The guy was just excited that i wasn't going to take her to the D-derby.

and I'll check out those corner lights.
cervasa

Post by cervasa »

wow clean body on your car that was a good find

bellingham i used to live there along time ago nice place
sweet77

Post by sweet77 »

Hey, Welcome! I don't know how I missed that, but congrats!! I have a corner light I'll give you as a "welcome to the forum present" :cheers: . The passenger fender doesn't look that bad, but I have it if you need it cheap. I'm in Everett if you want the light. Welcome aboard!
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj86 ... 010236.jpg
Sometimes I wish my mouth had a backspace button.
will

Post by will »

Welcome..
72-RA21, 77-RA29, 83-RA65C, 88-AllTrac, 80-RN60-4x4, RA42-race car, 04 F150 STX tow rig.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"..
"Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing it's Idiot"
76lift

Post by 76lift »

Wow! amazing greeting from everybody, looks like I found a good forum!

Sweet 77, I am definitely interested in that corner light but would be happy to throw a few $$ your way for it. I'll wait till I am bringing the Celica up through Everett to pick it up, should be 3 weeks or so, I'll pm you to set something up.
will

Post by will »

76lift wrote:Wow! amazing greeting from everybody, looks like I found a good forum!

Sweet 77, I am definitely interested in that corner light but would be happy to throw a few $$ your way for it. I'll wait till I am bringing the Celica up through Everett to pick it up, should be 3 weeks or so, I'll pm you to set something up.
let me know when you come down.. I live just a few minutes from Mark's..
72-RA21, 77-RA29, 83-RA65C, 88-AllTrac, 80-RN60-4x4, RA42-race car, 04 F150 STX tow rig.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"..
"Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing it's Idiot"
sweet77

Post by sweet77 »

will wrote:
76lift wrote:Wow! amazing greeting from everybody, looks like I found a good forum!

let me know when you come down.. I live just a few minutes from Mark's..
Will is too humble to tell you, but he is an expert with engine performance and drive train. Your in good hands up here in the PNW for parts and info on building a great 1st gen. :woot:
Marc
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj86 ... 010236.jpg
Sometimes I wish my mouth had a backspace button.
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome :wave:

That is a solid looking LB, and a great start for a project. Great price too.

I'm just a little north of you, just on the other side of the border. I go with the wife once a month to Bellingham and Burlington to do some shopping.

Can't wait to see the progress on her.
:cheers:
Pete