fully restored RA21 gt in nz

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
ra21gtnz

fully restored RA21 gt in nz

Post by ra21gtnz »

Names Greg im from new zealand just thought id introduce my self and more importantly my car!
74 ra21 gt canadian model celica which makes it fairly rare as a left hand drive down under.

Heres the link to some photos engine bay stereo and interior up asap
http://s725.photobucket.com/albums/ww260/ra21gtnz/

BODY:
side mirrors door and boot locks removed steel welded in and smoothed flawlessy. dual immobiliser alarm keyless door and boot entry. Front and rear windows removed to check for rust when we repainted it none found. new window rubbers etc windows tinted.
Car was painted by allen spice owner of ellusions car painters new plymouth. He is one of the top car painters in the country and took this car as a special project you cannot fault the paint its as close to perfect as a car can be! Arrow straight.
DRIVETRAIN:
ENGINE:
18rg rebuilt new rings and bearings crank ground bore honed lightened and balanced from front pulley to clutch all seals replaced frost plugs etc.
INTAKE:
Head contains custom race cams by franklin cams (not too wild a good street drivable cam making good power nice lumpy idle) lengthened valves triple valve springs given three angle port and polish and matched exactly to custom made stainless inlet manifold(manifold was designed so all four runners taper and length are identical and balanced).
Brand new 45mm webber sidedraughts set up by webber specialties in auckland.
massive alloy radiator.
EXHAUST:
we spent a full day buildin this exhaust so it flows perfectly 2 an 3/4 inch all the way to 5 inch dumpy and the rear. not actually that loud considering
Flywheel lightened and balanced custom made heavy duty clutch 2100 pound pressure plate, very street friendly strong clutch not heavy too push at all.
T50 5 spd gearbox with short shift stick.
Engine was setup and dyno tuned by master tuner steve hildred of steve hildred motors. Very free revving crisp motor done approx 1000 miles since built.
Engine bay has had huge time spent all hoses are braided every thing that can be polished has been all paint colour coded to match car. fully rewired from dash forward all wiring run through guards nothing in engine bay that doesnt need to be there. battery relocated to the boot hidden under custom stereo install.
BRAKES ANS SUSPENSION:
Standard brakes front and rear celica brakes very powerful and efficient.
i still have all the original suspension but car currently runs shortened pedders super low springs and heavy duty shortened shocks front and rear.
every bush in the car has been replaced with new nolathane bushes all brake/clutch lines and fittings replaced with new copper lines and brass fittings.I had stainless replacements made for the plastic fluid resevoirs.
STEREO:
Full custom install 6.5 inch components front and rear both custom mounted and covered with sub ports into the boot to project the bass. boot was sound deadened with dyna matt. one four channel amp running the speakers one mono block running two ten inch subs. all gear apart from head unit is top of the range kicker, front speakers were $1200 alone. head unit is a fusion one which you insert any ipod into and control through the head unit. Ill get model numbers up so you can check the quality used.
Im jhun_hapi

Re: fully restored RA21 gt in nz

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

wow nice ride.. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

WELCOME!!!
modernrockbro

Post by modernrockbro »

Welcome to 1stgen! :wave: You list a lot of the work you've done to your car. Why not just take photos of the work instead of just describing it? Nice car. Look forward to more photos. :cheers: :2thumbs:
Not everyone believes in "community". Some consistently hate & are negative. Some are self-preserving egomaniacs. The elitist clique ignores anyone outside their bubble. Lastly, innocent spectators, & then those who believe in community.
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome :wave:

Car looks great :2thumbs:, love the color it is very unique. You'll have to post some interior and engine shots too.

:cheers:
Pete
ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Welcome! :)

Nice ride man! Real nice!
Kylehugo

Post by Kylehugo »

Last July, were you up in Calgary Alberta Canada at a car show, because I talked to a guy from NZ that said he had an old ra21...
IG @deathofkyle
sheepers

Post by sheepers »

where abouts in NZ are you??
would be good to see your car in preson.........

sheepers.
Crash1976

Post by Crash1976 »

slick!
Roads?...where we're going, we don't need roads.....Doc. Emmit Brown
1976 is my Birth year...not the year of my car. :)