Newbie lookin for a 1st gen

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Mattastick

Newbie lookin for a 1st gen

Post by Mattastick »

How's it going guys? My name's Matt, I'm from Ohio and I'm looking for a 1st gen to turn into a project car. I currently have a beat up 91 (not beat up by my choice, I was hit almost head on by a minivan a couple years back) ST that I drive daily, and I absolutely love the 1st gen body style (not to mention the weight). I may be a kid by most standards, but I more or less know my way around a car, since I've been working on them since I was about 14 or so (6 years). I was into competition car audio for awhile (couple years) but that got to be a money pit right quick, with competitions every weekend and driving to/from them, hotel, food, entry, etc, plus equipment costs. So it's back to a fun project car for me. Anyway, I'll be looking around here, and probably asking plenty of questions about motor swaps and such, since that's kinda the direction I want to take my project. I'm not really sure about what engine I'll be looking for, but that's why I'm here. Trying to gather some more info.

So :wave: to everyone here, and I look forward to learning all I can
Im jhun_hapi

Re: Newbie lookin for a 1st gen

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

welcome.. jst be patient it will come to u.. btw whats ur loc?
Santos

Post by Santos »

welcome, u came to a great community, http://www.1stgencelica.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=7241
**********TO CHECK OUT THE SITE OR GET IN PERSONAL CONTACT**********
celica73916@yahoo.com ............... or ................ http://www.santostoyshop.com/
Mattastick

Post by Mattastick »

jhun_hapi wrote:welcome.. jst be patient it will come to u.. btw whats ur loc?
I'm near Cincinnati. I forgot to add all that stuff, being new and all. And don't worry, I'm very calculating (for lack of a better word, maybe) with my decisions. I'm sure I'll run through 2-3 (or maybe more) decision matrices and other similar tools before I actually buy or decide on anything.

Santos, I already found that section of the forum, and that thread in particular, but thank you for linking me again. While it looks very nice (you have no idea how tempting it is) I also have to consider transportation cost and everything to get the cars back to Ohio... Plus I'm more in the research stage of this project anyway. Being a full time student and paying off college loans is not a fun process, especially when I want to build a car like this
white93mr2

Post by white93mr2 »

Metzger on here has his for sale, he is from Louisville, but is in Texas rite now. His is Niiiiicce.
To see how Groupb treated me as a customer see: http://www.1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13485 *SPOILER* im still angry about it
Mattastick

Post by Mattastick »

white93mr2 wrote:Metzger on here has his for sale, he is from Louisville, but is in Texas rite now. His is Niiiiicce.
Good call on Metzger's car. That's a very nice looking Celica. Unfortunately, I don't have any money right now, but I'm working on that...