New project RA29 in NC

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
MadProffeser

New project RA29 in NC

Post by MadProffeser »

Just got the car of my dreams. After looking for a long time I finally found a 77 Celica liftback in the southeast that wasn't a heap of rust. It has a crappy black paint job, some dents, a little rust, and a trashed interior but it's mine. She runs ok, has a high idle, and leaked/leaks oil from near the top of the motor. It needs lots of work lets just say that. On the budget I have to work with this is either going to take forever to be stock or I fix the body, swap the motor for a 22R I rebuild, rhino line the floor, and fabricate a dash & console my self. Whatever way I do it I'll be doing most of the work. I've worked on old cars for some time but you don't see all thats involved until it's yours your working on.

Hello all, I'm so glad I found this forum. I'm new to all this so give me a little time please.
modernrockbro

Re: New project RA29 in NC

Post by modernrockbro »

:wave: Welcome to the forum,fellow East Coaster, and North Carolinian. (From Clemson, SC originally). There are a few 1stgens floating around in NC, that are also on this forum. Pretty sure there is another RA29 also. Best wishes with project!!!!! :2thumbs:

p.s. post pics when you get a chance. I'm hoping to post some pics when I finally get my secret engine builder to finish building motor.
Not everyone believes in "community". Some consistently hate & are negative. Some are self-preserving egomaniacs. The elitist clique ignores anyone outside their bubble. Lastly, innocent spectators, & then those who believe in community.
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

Welcome!!! Good u found the car of ur dream. Great site good people and knowledgeable.

Yes we love pics.. Post lots of them. Keep us updated.
ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Welcome! :)
MadProffeser

Post by MadProffeser »

There she is. :D Not in the best shape but it's mine. My budget for the car is almost nonexistent at this point so it's what I can afford week to week. I have the tools & the know how to work on old/older cars but there's always more to learn, and this one has already taught me some things.

My plan for the forceable future is to fix the rust, stop the leaks, desmog the motor, and rip up the carpet & rhino line the floor. After that it's on to fixing the dents, rebuilding a motor(22R), and finding or fabing interior pieces. Oh and smiley bumpers. It's going to take a lot of work.

I'll try to get more pics up & start a thread in project cars.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
modernrockbro

Post by modernrockbro »

Are you going to keep it black?
Not everyone believes in "community". Some consistently hate & are negative. Some are self-preserving egomaniacs. The elitist clique ignores anyone outside their bubble. Lastly, innocent spectators, & then those who believe in community.
MadProffeser

Post by MadProffeser »

Keeping it black for now. It was originally a creamy light tan color, not for me. I might change it from black at some point but thats a long ways off. I'd like to go with a black interior, the one in it is mostly trashed.
miami

Post by miami »

Nice one! :2thumbs:
:cheers:
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Gonna be nice to see your plans come together :2thumbs:

I know what you mean about the :2cents: , my budget is also slim to say the least, and if it is not that now it is the time....

:cheers:
Pete
capnd89

Post by capnd89 »

Nice 77 man im currently building a 79 liftback and am glad to meet someone fairly close, I too live in Clemson sc so I figured id shout out to the guys on the east coast, good luck with the build
_
Josh