Toyota master tech...just bought a 77 celica

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
75CelicaGT

Re: Toyota master tech...just bought a 77 celica

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Nice Score :2thumbs:

Grats and welcome to the club :wave:

Pete
kuroi

Post by kuroi »

Wait, you don't know about carbs but your a master tech... you got some splaining to do
Welcome to our planet btw.
CLICK ME!! ^^
will

Post by will »

kuroi wrote:Wait, you don't know about carbs but your a master tech... you got some splaining to do

not really.. the new ASE stuff has nothing about carbs, its all EFI, plug this in and scan that..
gota find old school garages and older mechs for carb stuff..
72-RA21, 77-RA29, 83-RA65C, 88-AllTrac, 80-RN60-4x4, RA42-race car, 04 F150 STX tow rig.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"..
"Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing it's Idiot"
shadow102

Post by shadow102 »

kuroi wrote:Wait, you don't know about carbs but your a master tech... you got some splaining to do
ha yeah they dont teach or require any knowledge of carbs any more. Its geared towards EFI and even a step further its required to have a 5 day class on hybrids to become a toyota master tech. I did pick up a little here and there while i was at wyotech and from a little bit of reading here and there.
ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

This reminds me of when I broke down in Montana, while driving my Celica from Idaho to Minnesota last April. I took the car to a Nissan dealer, the closest garage I could find and the mechanics in there had a blast working on "such a simple engine". biggrin

Don't suppose they see too many 22R engines at the dealerships these days.
shadow102

Post by shadow102 »

closest we get is the occasional 22RE in some older trucks. I did do quite a bit of learning lately when we were restoring a 71 FJ in the shop.
kuroi

Post by kuroi »

shadow102 wrote:
ha yeah they dont teach or require any knowledge of carbs any more. Its geared towards EFI and even a step further its required to have a 5 day class on hybrids to become a toyota master tech. I did pick up a little here and there while i was at wyotech and from a little bit of reading here and there.
They school you on CAN Bus?
CLICK ME!! ^^
shadow102

Post by shadow102 »

thats one of the only two classes i have left to take. It hasnt been made a required toyota master class yet.

BTW how hard was it to put that 4g63 in the celica i have a 0mile one sitting in my garage
kuroi

Post by kuroi »

shadow102 wrote:thats one of the only two classes i have left to take. It hasnt been made a required toyota master class yet.

BTW how hard was it to put that 4g63 in the celica i have a 0mile one sitting in my garage
It's easy to physicaly fit it in there, it's the other 10% of details that drives you nuts.
CLICK ME!! ^^
modernrockbro

Post by modernrockbro »

Welcome. Will be nice to see what you do to your project. Would recommend that you get as many maintenance records. dmv, registration, etc with mileage listed, so you can use that if you want to sell the car at some point and have the mileage verified.

I would say the smiley's would make the biggest change as well, than just a spoiler. It's like changing your arse and your face at the same time vs just wearing a fanny pack. :lol2: Welcome man. :cheers:
Not everyone believes in "community". Some consistently hate & are negative. Some are self-preserving egomaniacs. The elitist clique ignores anyone outside their bubble. Lastly, innocent spectators, & then those who believe in community.