Found My Dream Car

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Dylanzane

Found My Dream Car

Post by Dylanzane »

After a year of looking I finally bought a 1st gen celica. I found a 77 hardtop gt with 69k on it in a falling down barn in vermont and drove it home. Everything is original on it and the interior is almost perfect. Was running fine but it started stalling out at low rpms about a week ago. Looks like the seals on the carb are worn out and I'm waiting for the rebuild kit to come in. FIGURE i'll have to replace a lot of the rubber parts,bushings etc, this year. I'm new to car mechanics and I bought the celica partly to inspire me to learn. I'm ordering the factory manuals this week and I know i'll need a good bit of advice as I go along. Already finding parts through nappa has been a bit difficult as everything has to be special ordered and is usually on backorder anyway. I look forward to exploring the forum and I'll post some pics of my car soon. I'd love to meet some other 1st gen owners in the area. If there are any, I haven't seen them yet. Thanks for this forum.
ChristobalRocks

Re: Found My Dream Car

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Welcome! :)

We'd like to see pictures of your new dream car! :woot:

I'm living near Boston, and there are a couple other guys in the area - southern NH (Yellowjacket) and western MA (toyocelica) - but I've yet to meet them in person. My '74 Celica ST is being restored at the moment, though, so you'll have to wait until sometime next spring/summer before it'll be in the New England area.

You can read about my project in my thread (see the link in my sig).

Cheers,

---==> Chris