Hi to all members... I am newbie in here.

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
TA35

Hi to all members... I am newbie in here.

Post by TA35 »

Hi,

I am Newton from Malaysia. Here are some write up on my TA35 '77 celica (the twin brother of RA24 in United States).

This is my ride, a '77 Toyota Celica TA35 coupe GT which was sold as JDM. The car was brought to Malaysia as 2nd hand import (recond) in 1983. I m the 3rd owner of this beauty.

Originally it had a 2T-U 1600cc eng matched on T40, 4 speed manual gearbox. Since bought her in 2003, so many upgrading has been done. Now she run on AE86 JDM eng i,e 4A-GE 16 valve big port, T50 gearbox, AE86 axle with disc brake.

Front absorber and brake system was from 2nd gen Toyota Supra, MA60. Mod it up with CUSCO adjustable hi low coil over, CUSCO adjustable chamber pillow ball & Mitsubishi Lanser GSR's lower arm. Using AFI stage 1 brake pads all around.

The 4A-GE engine is still run stock with minor mod on air filtering system which now using the HKS air filter. Using the stock exhoust header match up with custom made down pipe. BLITZ 9mm plug cables has replace the stock. A TRD quick shift gear handle to make changing gear more faster.

This beauty coated with Lotus Blue 2K metallic paint which took 2 months of paint job. The previous 5 layers paint was removed till bare metal. All chrome parts was rechromed and all moulding was polished.

All rubber seals and weatherstrips has been replace by using OEM parts which direct ordered from TMC Japan.

She has no more using the JDM fender mirrors. They has been replace with door mounted mirror which default for TA23/RA23 global market. The left mirror was from USA while the right mirror was from Australia.

Using 15" Viper, US made wheels match up with 205/55/15 V series Barum/Continental tyres.

As overall she look as mint as stock but run likes rocket. Cheers...

//Anyway it was sold. Hope the new owner will care this beauty much better.

Classic Celica... the Forgotten Nostalgic Hero... Beautiful Inside Out... Beautiful Mechanically. Ohhh... What A Feeling...
JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

Welcome to 1stgencelica TA35. Sweet looking car bro, finally I've seen a TA35 in pictures now. Do you know if your celica a S51 model type or S52?

Also are there any TA28 still around malaysia? Can't seem to find them in japan no more because I'd like to know more about the TA28 and TA35.
JDM_GUY DRU Building to prove a purpose for those who ridiculed.
77celicasupra

Post by 77celicasupra »

welcome to 1st gen celica thats a clean ride .
TA35

Post by TA35 »

JDM_GUY wrote:Welcome to 1stgencelica TA35. Sweet looking car bro, finally I've seen a TA35 in pictures now. Do you know if your celica a S51 model type or S52?

Also are there any TA28 still around malaysia? Can't seem to find them in japan no more because I'd like to know more about the TA28 and TA35.
Thanks for the warm welcome here bro.

Yes, we do have some TA28 & TA35 liftback in Malaysia. Some of them were brought in as imported new & some are 2nd hand import. Very few have survive until today.

I also have a TA28 :wink: :wink:

Basically TA28 & TA35 Liftback are the same with your RA29 in states. The only things different, it has;

2T 1600cc OHC push rod eng for ET, LT & ST or
2T-G & 2T-GR 1600cc DOHC twin side draft for GT & GTV

As well the smiley bumper :D :D

TA28 was sold worldwide (UK, Germany, Finland, Belgium, France, etc...) include JDM it self.

But on the late production, for JDM, Toyota changed the code to TA35 liftback & using japan emission ctrl on the eng which derive the eng code to 2T-U & 2T-GU
Last edited by TA35 on April 21st, 2008, 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Classic Celica... the Forgotten Nostalgic Hero... Beautiful Inside Out... Beautiful Mechanically. Ohhh... What A Feeling...
TA35

Post by TA35 »

77celicasupra wrote:welcome to 1st gen celica thats a clean ride .
Thanks bro :D :D

JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

TA35 wrote:Yes, we do have some TA28 & TA35 liftback in Malaysia. Some of them were brought in as imported new & some are 2nd hand import. Very few have survive until today.

I also have a TA28 :wink: :wink:

Basically TA28 & TA35 Liftback are the same with your RA29 in states. The only things different, it has;

2T 1600cc OHC push rod eng for ET, LT & ST or
2T-G & 2T-GR 1600cc DOHC twin side draft for GT & GTV

As well the smiley bumper :D :D

TA28 was sold worldwide (UK, Germany, Finland, Belgium, France, etc...) include JDM it self.

But on the late production, for JDM, Toyota changed the code to TA35 liftback & using japan emission ctrl on the eng which derive the eng code to 2T-U & 2T-GU
Do you have a picture of your current TA28? I'd like to see it please.

Based on my research and according to my knowledge, the S50 ta28 came after the ta22/ra25 S49 model style, then comes the TA35 the S51. Is this accurate? What still question me is..... is there a RA35 model produced which were equipped with 18rgu?

Have you heared of the 151E and 152E motors? I'm just figuring out what model and year vehicle did those motor come with.
JDM_GUY DRU Building to prove a purpose for those who ridiculed.
zulu

Post by zulu »

Dru from what i understand the 151E and the 152E both came only in race cars and were never put in officially on any toyota commercial vehicles. but there have been a few put into ones from the pics i have seen from them in japan
Image Image
will

Post by will »

thats correct, the 151E and 152E are the TRD built race variants the 2TG and 18RG IIRC.. 16 valve, mech fuel injection, slide throttle bodies. I remember reading about the 152E... 290hp at 9800rpm with 2.2L.. insane! Actually know of a guy, from a friend, that bought an old TTE(Toyota Team Europe) early 80's Rolla WRC car that still has one of those engines and a shittonne of spares for it. He lives in Vancouver, BC.

Awesome car mate.. :D
72-RA21, 77-RA29, 83-RA65C, 88-AllTrac, 80-RN60-4x4, RA42-race car, 04 F150 STX tow rig.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"..
"Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing it's Idiot"
zulu

Post by zulu »

will wrote:thats correct, the 151E and 152E are the TRD built race variants the 2TG and 18RG IIRC.. 16 valve, mech fuel injection, slide throttle bodies. I remember reading about the 152E... 290hp at 9800rpm with 2.2L.. insane! Actually know of a guy, from a friend, that bought an old TTE(Toyota Team Europe) early 80's Rolla WRC car that still has one of those engines and a shittonne of spares for it. He lives in Vancouver, BC.

Awesome car mate.. :D
hmm maybe i showuld come up and see if he would like to sell the engine or car :D hahah thatd be awesome.
Image Image
22RTEdragon

Post by 22RTEdragon »

WELCOME! REALLY COOL CAR!
75CelicaGT

Re: Hi to all members... I am newbie in here.

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Yes Welcome. That is a real beaut of a car. :D

Pete
TA35

Re:

Post by TA35 »

JDM_GUY wrote:
Do you have a picture of your current TA28? I'd like to see it please.
Hi again,

Here are some pictures of my TA28 called "Wooppss".

Wooppss is now turned to GT with 2T-G replaced it original 2T-B

Here a link to my TA28 page, http://forums.cjb.net/cccm-about1380.html
Last edited by TA35 on June 4th, 2009, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

toyboyracer
Location: BRISBANE Orstrayla-Where Celicas roam FREE in my back yard!

Post by toyboyracer »

Great Celica - Great pics - Great write up ! :woot:

WELCOME :wave:
Was 18 once - A long time ago... In a '66 Holden far far away...
B.C.S - Brisbane Celica Spares

GORDON @ celica-spares@hotmail.com
TA35

Post by TA35 »

April 24, 2008. The car was send to a spray shop for paint removal, bodyworks & paint.

Some pictures.

May 01, 2008. Turn out the interiors. Long way to go!!!!

any comments? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here a link to my TA28 page, http://forums.cjb.net/cccm-about1380.html

TA35

Post by TA35 »

June 10, 2008. Some update (removed the paint & putty).