Hey Everyone

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
TenBeers

Hey Everyone

Post by TenBeers »

New guy here (no, really, not a guy from the old board that just found this one). I am finally the proud restorer of a '77 GT Liftback that was originally True Yellow but has gone through a couple of personality changes. It will be returning to its rightful self. I've thought about restoring one of these for a long time, it was my "dream" car back when I first started driving. But, alas, I could only afford a '72 Corona Deluxe purchased from a friend's mom who inherited it from her alcoholic uncle (only 30K miles after 8 years, plastic still on the seats, but that guy ran into EVERYTHING, including a liquor store that was not supposed to be a drive-thru).

I'm currently assembling the rebuilt motor, and I seem to have a few more vacuum hookups than the Haynes diagrams show. If anyone has a good diagram, let me know where to find it!

I'm a long time Toyota loyalist, here's the list of Toyota's I've owned:

'72 Corona Deluxe Sedan
'80 Celica Coupe (girlfriend's car, but mine to maintain)
'82 Tercel (yuck)
'92 Pickup (my first "new" Toyota)
'99 4Runner
'03 Matrix
'04 Tacoma PreRunner
'06 4Runner (wife's current car)
'06 Tundra Double Cab (my current DD)

Also had a '78 280Z for a bit, but it was a 4-seater and kind of sucked. And there was the car from hell, a '76 Lancia Beta. Neat car, not neat maintenance. Futile Italian Attempt at Transportation.

Anyway, glad I found this place, I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Cheers,
Beers
'18 Tacoma TRD Pro (my DD)
'17 4Runner Limited (wife's DD)
'06 4Runner SR5 (daughter #1 DD)
'15 Corolla S (daughter #2 maybe someday she will learn to drive)
'77 Celica GT Liftback (STILL under restruction)
JDM_GUY

Re: Hey Everyone

Post by JDM_GUY »

Welcome aboard to 1stgencelica, hope your stay with us will be a great experience for you and your celica ride. Got any pics?
JDM_GUY DRU Building to prove a purpose for those who ridiculed.
TenBeers

Post by TenBeers »

Here's some pics. Funny, I answered one of my vacuum line questions by looking at one of these.

Here's it's good side (in its current blue personality) when I was picking it up:

Stripping and cleaning the engine compartment. You can see traces of its brown personality, and its original personality is starting to come through.

sapgaraged

Post by sapgaraged »

welcome to the boards! i hav 77 liftback too but, i might be selling it. i luv da celica but i cant afford two projects. the lb been sitting in my driveway for two yrs. goo dluck on the restore!
86 Corolla SR5 Hatch (16v swap in the works)
03 tacoma dbl-cab 4wd (daily- sometimes)
77 celica gt lift-back (SOLD!)
[SAP]GARAGED

aim- imboardin
email- linojoelsap@yahoo.com
TenBeers

Post by TenBeers »

Engine came out yesterday, got it stripped down to a long block core and the transfer parts cleaned up. Gotta do some repainting on the tranny and engine brackets, gas tank, etc. It's a long labor of love. I'll start a thread in the restoration forum and post pics from time to time.

Thanks for the warm welcom everyone, looks to be a great source of info here. I hope to be able to help others someday also!

-Beers