New here

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Celicacoupe

New here

Post by Celicacoupe »

Well hello everyone, figured I'd take a minute and introduce myself. Names Justin, I live in Canada and I love Celicas. I have a 1980 Celica coupe with the original and mostly stock 20r, done a few basic things like LCE long tube headers, Weber 38/38 and stripped emissions. Pretty much everything else is stock with a few exceptions but hopefully that changes soon. :D

Please excuse my spelling, it's not that great and if I'm posting in the wrong area or doing something out of the ordinary just let me know. That pretty much some it up so I'm gonna go look around now. Oh and I'm lookin forward to seeing all th awsome projects and learning a few new things hopefully.

-Justin
rachuck21

Re: New here

Post by rachuck21 »

Welcome! Post some pix! Chuck
"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill
https://imgur.com/m2giFIx
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

What he said :wave:

I also have the LC header and 38dges carb. I haven't messed with mine in a while though. It has been out of commission as there is no exhaust after the header. How do you like your setup? Next in line for me is a cam. I think I will do that in the next couple months before I mess with jetting the carb so I don't have to do it twice.
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
Celicacoupe

Post by Celicacoupe »

I will get some pics up this weekend but they won't be great cause the car is in my storage shop for the winter, but I'll still post them. The car has never seen rain or snow, has 53,000 original km's and not a spec of rust. I bought it of the original owner in 09 and he took great care of it and didn't molest it at all it was bone stock, even had the original tires which are on the car for storage because I'm polishing a set of supras for it, I ran the supras this summer but they look like $#!+(pitted). Not sure yet weather or not I'm keeping the 20R in it I might do a 13b rew swap next year, but if I decide to keep the motor I'll do a cam, polish port and higher compression pistons. I bought a jet kit for the carb but haven't touched it yet cause the car is running rich(I think) washing the cylinder walls and getting gas in my oil. I think its the carb cause compression is spot on. Anyway I'll post some pics later and let you guy's see my sweat baby. :D
Celicacoupe

Post by Celicacoupe »

OK guy's I took some pics and found some crapy ones from the summer. The pics aren't very good cause the car is in my storage for the winter and it's filthy. But here you go.

Very dirty here but the paint is actually realy nice and it's original.

And here are the supras I'm cleaning up which is a huge pain in the @$$ (Before and after)

Oh yeah almost forgot the engine.
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

Very clean! Thanks for sharing.
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
faffi

Post by faffi »

nice celica,
cool weels
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

wow that sure is clean.. love the seats.. :2thumbs:
Celicacoupe

Post by Celicacoupe »

Thanks guys I'd love to take the credit but it was the old man I bought it from that kept it in such good shape. I'll post some pics when the weather gets better and I can give it a wash, the pics really don't do it justice cause the old fellow kept it garaged it's whole life so the original paint is almost perfect. I feel pretty lucky to have scored this car cause I had been looking for a good second gen for almost 6 years and then found this one on a fluke driving home from work, not looking hard but around here you don't see many old Celicas. Same year and model as my first car when I was 16. Thanks again for the positive comments. :D