New Member here

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
dogapult

New Member here

Post by dogapult »

Well, here's an intro. I'm new here. My name is Leo,I'm a 19 year old college student, and I recently purchased a 1973 (Nov. 72) Celica ST automatic. it's pretty rough. the rocker panels are gone, the interior is a bit tattered. but the engine works, all the gauges work, all the lights work (well, the driver's door light recently stopped working, and the passenger door being open doesn't set off the interior or door lights).
I realize I'm going to get some flak for this, but I'm preparing the car for the 24 Hours of LeMons in April at Gingerman Raceway in South, Haven, Michigan. I currently live in Midland Michigan.
My other rides are a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe, and a 1963 VW Beetle.
some pictures.
yes, I know the air cleaner is missing from this one, me and my friend andrew were working on the car at the time.
I'm in some of those pictures...
And now, if I haven't completely alienated you with the LeMons comment, we're team AutoB.A.C.S. (Broke-@$$ College Students)
planning to do the car up like a Japanese police car. and once the car is off the track, plan on doing all repairs, and then professionally doing it up to look like a Japanese police car.

Also, I recently purchased a correct 5 speed, clutch, throw-out bearing, and pressure plate. What else would I need to do a 5-speed swap??? keep in mind, I plan on keeping the automatic and putting it back in when I finally get rid of the car someday, this is mainly because the automatic is unsuited to racing, and may break doing so.
Last edited by dogapult on February 16th, 2011, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1973 RA21 Celica. 20/22, custom Yamaha R1 Carbs
part time LeMons racer: team AutoB.A.C.S.
WIQDTOY

Re: New Member here

Post by WIQDTOY »

cool! welcome to the site!
Ray
"who wants to own a car you can't drive 12 feet away from a trailer! those cars belong in a museum!" -anonymous
bunzrok

Post by bunzrok »

Welcome aboard! I'm fairly new here too - but the folks here are very helpful and friendly. Enjoy your stay.
mak

Post by mak »

Gingerman's always a good time, good luck. Wait Midland, do you go to Northwood?
dogapult

Post by dogapult »

mak wrote:Gingerman's always a good time, good luck. Wait Midland, do you go to Northwood?
yes, yes I do, why?
1973 RA21 Celica. 20/22, custom Yamaha R1 Carbs
part time LeMons racer: team AutoB.A.C.S.
speedfreak426

Post by speedfreak426 »

I actually bought my 77 Liftback in Midland, MI!
1977 Celica GT LB
-7M-GTE from 1992 Supra
-R154 5 speed
-235-60-15 DR's
-8 3/4" Dodge Dart axle-3.55
11.20 @ 122mph
mak

Post by mak »

dogapult wrote:yes, yes I do, why?
Went to Michigan but most of my friends here went to either Northwood or Kettering.
808celica2damax

Post by 808celica2damax »

Welcome!...you're in the right place. Lots of helpful people and friends here. Post some posts in the other section, this place is awesome.
No get caught up in the Huhu, Live Aloha.