Hello!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
pristineGT

Hello!

Post by pristineGT »

Hello, my name is Andrew. I live in Beaverton, Oregon. I used to drive a 1984 Celica GT, and have been on the celica-gts.com forums for a while.I sold that car and have recently acquired a 1976 Toyota Celica Liftback. I found it for $450 and couldn't say no. It needs some work, but i'm more than willing to fix up a classy car. :)

Here are some pictures of the car, and what i've been working on. It leaks like a SOB all around the hatch. So i have the back loaded with shamwow's XD Soaks up a lot of the water. Overall though it's not too rusty, aside from the hole in the right rear quarter, where the metal line goes through. You'll see it in the pics.

http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... _Umberger/
faffi

Re: Hello!

Post by faffi »

welcome
very nice celica Liftback. :2thumbs:
is it a LT ST or GT?
pristineGT

Post by pristineGT »

It is a GT!

It has A/C and everything seems to work, except for the weather proofing i suppose. Lol. Even the windshield sprayer's work!

Engine needs some tuning as well, but for $450 i'm not complaining. =D
njccmd2002

Post by njccmd2002 »

location, location location..

reminds me of the one i cut recently.
once car at a time....
pristineGT

Post by pristineGT »

Not to be a smart a$$ but...
pristineGT wrote:Hello, my name is Andrew. I live in Beaverton, Oregon.
njccmd2002

Post by njccmd2002 »

pristineGT wrote:Not to be a smart a$$ but...
pristineGT wrote:Hello, my name is Andrew. I live in Beaverton, Oregon.
:oops:
once car at a time....
yella81celica

Post by yella81celica »

you need to tell everyone why you sold your 84 celica. Image
pristineGT

Post by pristineGT »

I sold the 84 to pay for a traffic ticket for "speed racing" 680 dollars isn't something i just have laying around, lol.

The first thing the cop said was "WHAT THE F*** WERE YOU THINKING?!" I just shrugged, then she said "I was going 60mph and you were pulling away from me very quickly"

This was in a 45mph speed zone. :oops:
dymihail

Post by dymihail »

Welcome aboard.

That ticket reminds me of a time back in '97. Just got back from a 6 month deployment and my buddy goes out and buys a Mustang Cobra. We're driving 65mph through the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel when Smokey pulls up along side us. Buddy speeds up 5mph. Smokey speeds up 5mph. Buddy speeds up 5mph. Smokey speeds up 5mph. Buddy speeds up 5mph. Smokey speeds up 5mph. Buddy speeds up 5mph. Smokey speeds up 5mph. Keeps going until we're doing 90mph. Rasberries and blueberries finally come on and we pull over. Smokey walks up and asks, "Son, what in the hell were you thinking?!" Buddy says, "I thought you wanted to race." I couldn't stop laughing. Smokey pockets my buddies ID, checks mine and has me drive him home. Pretty funny trying to explain that to the chain of command next morning. Good times.
808celica2damax

Post by 808celica2damax »

welcome....$450? thats a steal!

I got pulled over in my 87 ST doing 73 in a 45 hahaha....the rookie asked me if I knew how fast I was going. I replied "Um, I would if my speedometer worked"....lol. However, the truth was, I was running out of gas and on the E line and just got on the freeway. My plan was to speed ahead of everybody then after the upclimb throw the car in neutral and cost it down. However right when i got to the top and around the bend, there they were....3 rookies on solo bikes. Shucks! lol. I couldnt slow down, they already had me gunned. haha...that was my first ticket.
No get caught up in the Huhu, Live Aloha.