Hello from Fort Leonardwood, Missouri

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
santarinala

Hello from Fort Leonardwood, Missouri

Post by santarinala »

Im new to the classics and the only thing that made me touch a wrench was when I worked as a helicopter mechanic in the Navy last 2002-2007 so yeah Im not really familiar with cars. I also was a professional photographer worked in Los Angeles, California after my short tour in the Navy. Right now Im switched over to the Army as a cook and because of recession, I decided to not buy a new car and instead, give my daily driven car, honda element to the wife and get myself a nice classic Toyota to work on as a project car. Im learning a lot just reading the posts and hope I find myself a good stay here. Thanks

Hooah!
slowmo

Re: Hello from Fort Leonardwood, Missouri

Post by slowmo »

What's up! I'm in Jefferson City, MO (about 1.5 hours away from you). I have friends and family that live in Rolla, MO (about half an hour from you) that visit sometimes. I used to go to college in Rolla a number of years ago and we used to kick it in FLW. Enjoy. It's nice to even see someone else in Missouri.

I have a 77 Celica that is out of commission for now. If you need any help wrenching, I may be able to help with my limited knowledge.

Welcome aboard! :wave:
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
santarinala

Post by santarinala »

Hey buddy. Im in the Army as a cook here and wont be leaving this place til 2013. Im still searching a good 75 and earlier celica so Its good I already know somebody close to me. Thanks man!
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

I'll keep an eye out for you. They don't come up often in Missouri. You might have to find one in a neighboring state and drive/tow it.
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.