New Guy from Michigan

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
CrazyIvan

New Guy from Michigan

Post by CrazyIvan »

Hey guys, I'm CrazyIvan (Andrew). I'm from Sterling Heights, Michigan. Great to see such a devoted site to what is easily one of my most favorite cars of all time! The one that made me fall in love was a very clean, and tastefully modified dark blue '77 Liftback GT that came up for sale on Zilvia.net (I can't help it, I'm an online window-shopper... :mrgreen: you name it, cars, snowmobiles, guitars, computer stuff, anything).
I've actually been "brought" here by my friend dogapult (Leo), another new member here (http://www.1stgencelica.com/forum/viewt ... =14&t=9232). Him and I are working on his '73 ST, getting it race-prepped for the 24 Hours of Lemons! :woot:
I currently own a 1998 Pontiac Grand Am GT (yeah, I know, BOOORING :oops:) and a 1956 VW Beetle.
Eventually, I'm hoping to get my hands on my own 1st Gen Celica, preferably a Liftback, but any one will do! Kind of a bummer for me though, all the good ones seem to be on the West coast! :? Either way, I hope to learn a lot! Cheers! :cheers:
white93mr2

Re: New Guy from Michigan

Post by white93mr2 »

Welcome Ivan! I have an uncle that lives in Sterling Heights. My 74 came from milwuakee, but I live 9 hours away in west KY. Ive seen a few first gens for sale in MI youll just have to keep your eyes peeled.
To see how Groupb treated me as a customer see: http://www.1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13485 *SPOILER* im still angry about it
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

Good luck. Welcome aboard! My brother-in-law prepped an old BMW for LeMons last year. They had a blast. Have a look around and ask as many questions as you can.
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
CrazyIvan

Post by CrazyIvan »

Thanks guys, I'm already learning tons, just from being aboard for only a couple weeks! Awesome forum! :2thumbs:
speedfreak426

Post by speedfreak426 »

Come check out my Supra powered Liftback sometime!
Nice to see other guys from MIchigan on here. I live out in Brighton near the 96/23 interchange. Lemme know if you and yoru buddy want to come out sometime. I am only about 45 mins away
1977 Celica GT LB
-7M-GTE from 1992 Supra
-R154 5 speed
-235-60-15 DR's
-8 3/4" Dodge Dart axle-3.55
11.20 @ 122mph
808celica2damax

Post by 808celica2damax »

welcome welcome!
No get caught up in the Huhu, Live Aloha.
CrazyIvan

Post by CrazyIvan »

speedfreak426 wrote:Come check out my Supra powered Liftback sometime!
Nice to see other guys from MIchigan on here. I live out in Brighton near the 96/23 interchange. Lemme know if you and yoru buddy want to come out sometime. I am only about 45 mins away
Cool, cool. I kinda know where that is, we actually have a friend who lives not too far from there. Sounds like a sick ride, we actually joked about swapping a Supra engine, but pretty awesome to see you've done it, mad props! :2thumbs: