1971 TA22 Celica - DADS 50th !

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
TheDonn84

1971 TA22 Celica - DADS 50th !

Post by TheDonn84 »

Hello people!

So the story is, my dad had a 1973 ta22 celica, and its all he used to bang on about when i was getting my first car. He says it was his favourite car to own. So my dad doesn't think you can get these in the UK, which it is really hard to find to be honest. But i have managed to get a 1971 TA22, registered 1st December 1971.

Its in a real bad state but with my bodyshops help and hopefully you guys i can get it just as new. Its going to be a present for his 50th Birthday.

I have pictures on the computer but not sure how to get onto the website. Looks like i need a hosting site..

Anyway, thats the story and i'll upload photos soon.

What i am looking for is some good high quality photos of some nice TA22's, so i can print them big for the bodyshop to examine.

Obviously i am going to be looking for alot of parts etc etc. so your help would be much appriciate.

I am from newcastle, England.
cervasa

Re: 1971 TA22 Celica - DADS 50th !

Post by cervasa »

that will be a awsome present
spacecowboyian

Post by spacecowboyian »

If you need a place to put photos use flickr.com or photobucket.com. After you have uploaded to either you can easily right click on the picture and "copy image url" then post it here using the img tag with the links in between like so:

Code: Select all

[img]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5056/5450635633_1f98572d11_b.jpg[/img]
morriscnty

Post by morriscnty »

Good luck with the mission,is it a flat light with the filler cap panel in the middle of the rear lights as the later ones had the filler on the side pillar regards bob
TheDonn84

Post by TheDonn84 »

Ok Gents - Been working away alot so just getting round to photo upload. What a state it is in by the way, holes in the floor and everything. Bodyshop was shocked and it requires alot of work.

Alot fo work to do here, don't know whether i should just put it back on ebay and buy a good condition one.

Its finding one though, i need a red 1973 TA22...Any UK sellers on here???

Your comments welcome people...

Thanks

Paul
spacecowboyian

Post by spacecowboyian »

I'd say throw it back and try again. I've seen worse.. but not much worse. Good luck man.
TheDonn84

Post by TheDonn84 »

Thanks for your comment ! Just need to carry on the hunt i think. Any1 selling one or know where i can get one...

Thanks in advance.
spacecowboyian

Post by spacecowboyian »

If you didn't pay too awful much for that one... keep it for parts. You'll need em.
morriscnty

Post by morriscnty »

Hi i think it would be a good doner car,lots of work required to get it up to a good standard one just sold on fleabay for £4250 keep looking I may know a guy in scotland who was selling a TA23 PM me and I can ask him if it's still for sale
njccmd2002

Post by njccmd2002 »

hey that might be a good parts car. just get a shell imported. you might be able to find one at a decent price...

how about an lhd shell, those pop over here all the time.
once car at a time....
Michael Murphy Sr.

Post by Michael Murphy Sr. »

Great idea for a b-day gift, good luck on the rebuild if that is what you have decided to do...if not a rebuild keep it for the spare parts, there getting harder to find as the years go on, as stated in the other responses, youll be needing a few extra pcs :cheers: bloodyy righttt
71 Celica
Looked great on the showroom floor in 71, still has that wow factor to me....
46 years latter, still every day driver when theres no salt on the roads......
450,000 miles and counting
Eusto

Post by Eusto »

Is there only one gt vent?
If so that sucks!
modernrockbro

Post by modernrockbro »

I think you're definitely going to have to factor, the size of the project, and the time required if you want to give it for his 50th. Awesome gesture to your dad man. :2thumbs: Good luck with it, and hope your project goes smooth.
Not everyone believes in "community". Some consistently hate & are negative. Some are self-preserving egomaniacs. The elitist clique ignores anyone outside their bubble. Lastly, innocent spectators, & then those who believe in community.
TheDonn84

Post by TheDonn84 »

Hey guys,
It has the other vent, in really good condition actually.

The actual body is a disaster though, it hardly exists. Looking for a something else and going to use this for parts as required. I paid £700 for this car.
Just keeping a look out at the minute.

Thanks for the comments people. Anyone in UK selling or know someone who is selling or would sell to make an old(ish) man very happy.

Thanks alot
badees

Post by badees »

Hi all

First off I have a 1975 Ta22 Celica given to me by my grandmother. The car was in her name and its now in mine. I restored it once about 10 years back by hand (body engine and interior) then left it since it was a gas guzzler and I had a toyota KE20 that got 15 Km/l rather than the 7km/l on the TA22. Sad to say I trashed the KE20.

About Aug. Last year I also trashed the TA22 avoiding a motorbike. So I KNOW where to get most of the parts for the TA22. Sadly I only know of APAC suppliers. And I mean APAC. You will find alot of parts from AU and NZ sites but Most of my decor came from Japan. They still produce parts for collectors there. Drop me a message if you need the window seals, logo's, Fender mount mirrors, and stuff like that.

I put a 2000cc engine in the car as a new upgrade and changed it from manual trans to automatic by the way.