Rotary guy who wants to join the club

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Herz

Rotary guy who wants to join the club

Post by Herz »

Howdy! Figured I'd introduce myself since I rudely made my first post in the Classifieds section :p

I'm David, Been a bit of a Rotary car guy for a couple of years now. Had a hankering for a Celica Supra a while back which never turned out to come to reality.
Until of course I noticed the beauty of the 1st gen Celiacas (ra29's make my heart flutter)

So, Lately I've been thinking of picking up a decent shell to toss in one of my Spare 13b's as a little restoration/frankensteination project.
Little bit of research and I was on my way :p

As for a lil about myself...

I'm a 21 year old Bail Bondsman located in Jamestown,TN. First got into cars a few years back with the Purchase of an Rx7 while I was working as a telephone contractor.

Been a bit of a car nut ever since. (Granted, For a first car. For the love of god dont pick a Rotary.)

As for the current car. I have a 1988 Mazda Rx7 NA. Along with a TII parts car I've slowly been transferring over to it. Modifications are mostly suspension work. (DTSS Bushings I've been too lazy to install, Silk Road RMA8 coilovers, Mazdatrix camber link and all that.) But it's mostly a Drift/Autocross project at the moment. Granted it still has some bugs and kinks to work out as I noticed last Drift event in Nashville :p

But, Currently I'm working on parting together and completing a 4 port NA Build as I have a spare 13b NA and 13bt laying about. (Large bridgeport using Carbon seals, Most likely going with a Megasquirt standalone. Toyed with going supercharged down the line but thats just fantasies for now.)
Unorthadox but something I've always been fascinated with was NA Rotaries. SO I figured skip the turbo road and dive into this build.

As the Rx7 nears completion I've been tinkering with other ideas on what to do with my spare motor currently in the car. A Clean 6 port NA with barely 95k miles on it I've babied since I owned it. (Motor was in my Previous Rx7 which I had a very unfortunate accident in)

So, I figured a mild NA Build on it aswell and finding a car that I enjoyed to swap it in.

Long story short... I ended up here :p Always loved the first gens so I figured I'd join the community and start searching for a shell in Tennessee to begin with.

Hoping to find a shell soon and get a thread going on here as I finish the Rx7. (Might aswell post a thread on it in Offtopic or something later on aswell, Hah.)

I also currently own an 89 BMW 325i and a 91 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. Granted, The BMW is more of a daily and the GSX has been sitting since it dropped a valve. Theyll most likely be sold to finish up the Rx7 and begin work on the dream car :p

13b powered RA29? Hmm...

Haha, Anyways. Glad I signed up! Hope to get to know you all and maybe run into a few more Rotary nuts on here aswell.

-David
Zepticon

Re: Rotary guy who wants to join the club

Post by Zepticon »

The Celica deserves a p-ported 20b NA;)
(v8 equivalent in rotorland)

Welcome;)
Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 KL31 (GE) - Show & Shine - Project thread
Herz

Post by Herz »

Zepticon wrote:The Celica deserves a p-ported 20b NA;)
(v8 equivalent in rotorland)

Welcome;)
That it does! My wallet also deserves that kindof cash!

Haha, Thanks for the warm welcome :)
modernrockbro

Post by modernrockbro »

If I'm not mistaken there is a guy in Tennessee here on the forum who has a LB with a rotary in it. It's yellow and black I believe. I don't if anyone remembers the post. Anyway, welcome aboard.
Not everyone believes in "community". Some consistently hate & are negative. Some are self-preserving egomaniacs. The elitist clique ignores anyone outside their bubble. Lastly, innocent spectators, & then those who believe in community.