New member from Hungary

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
AntalBalog

New member from Hungary

Post by AntalBalog »

Hi Everybody, I am a new owner of a 1975 LT (European version, TA22) with original 2T OHV engine. Here she is

I am sure, you can give me plenty of advise, how to keep and improve here health. My plan is to restore her to as original as possible.

I am looking forward to communicating with You.
modernrockbro

Re: New member from Hungary

Post by modernrockbro »

She looks in great shape. What's wrong with her?
Not everyone believes in "community". Some consistently hate & are negative. Some are self-preserving egomaniacs. The elitist clique ignores anyone outside their bubble. Lastly, innocent spectators, & then those who believe in community.
exodus

Post by exodus »

welcome to the board...

TONS AND TONS of people and information here. enjoy the stay

and nice ride. cant wait to see more pictures!! :2thumbs:
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
faffi

Post by faffi »

welcome,
nice and clean looking celica :2thumbs:
this is the place to be
nice to have more guy's from europ
:cheers:
AntalBalog

Post by AntalBalog »

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Nothing wrong with my car, it looks and runs well. Still I have already had some questions, and I am sure, they are getting more and more in time.

I do not have any documentation with her. I had to change the tires immediately (they were 13 years old), and had no idea of the official size (the old tires on the pic above looked a little small to me). Not even the wheels seem original. I have decided to put on 175/70R13, but I can imagine she came out first with 165SR13, which were even bigger (in diameter).

I will, anyway, need some documentation about the original state of TA22, it is required in the process of getting the "Old Timer" certificate (which implies tax and insurance benefits). Can you Guys help me to have some? A scanned version is enough.

Here she is in a show opened yesterday in Budapest. After all, there are very few old japan cars here, the blue one with the medals is a Mazda RX3, modified for car racing, from Austria.

Please, help with docs, Antal
faffi

Post by faffi »

with the docs I cant help you,
but with the size of the tires,
on my celica TA23 LT are also 175/70R13 tires on and they told me that was the original size
AntalBalog

Post by AntalBalog »

Hey All,

Enclosed you find two recent images of my car (and myself) on an Oldtimer car race from last weekend. Enjoy!

73GTV

Post by 73GTV »

http://members.iinet.net.au/~stepho/

This is a site that Stepho and friends have collected with the most documentation and specifications listed by country and import numbers. Good reading and a wealth of good information online.

Nice color, great shine, looks great.. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
I'm an Opinionated Old fart: I insist that you read the Troubleshooting charts first: I'm Just saying...
1973 TA22 GTV (RHD)
1973 RA21 ST (LHD)
1977 TE56 GLS (RHD)
1974 RN22 Hilux (LHD)(Pickup)
StingrayGT

Post by StingrayGT »

wow, it look like already restore! beautiful
AntalBalog

Post by AntalBalog »

Thanks for the site. Indeed, Stepho's site is a gold mine. I have found the original User guide, Part catalog, and plenty of colorful advertisements showing the full originality of my car. (Except the side mirrors, but I also have the original from the front, sooner or later they get back on the car.)
faffi

Post by faffi »

AntalBalog wrote:Thanks for the site. Indeed, Stepho's site is a gold mine. I have found the original User guide, Part catalog, and plenty of colorful advertisements showing the full originality of my car. (Except the side mirrors, but I also have the original from the front, sooner or later they get back on the car.)
are your mirrors not original ,they look the same as mine and they came original with the car
AntalBalog

Post by AntalBalog »

Hey Faffi! Very interesting. Your mirror, indeed, looks exactly like mine. In the part catalog, I downloaded from Stepho, there are several side mirrors, but neither is like ours. Also, occasionally e-bay has original door side mirror, and that is different. The lower end of the foot does not finish in a ball joint. Maybe the European model had side mirrors made somewhere in Europe, and we both have that. This is plausible, and good news.
faffi

Post by faffi »

when our cars came to europ there where no mirrors on for a second one you had to pay more
it's also the same one that is used on...... don't fade.... surprised Lada niva surprised
on the back side is a number look on the net you will find then new
so your mirrors are original
AntalBalog

Post by AntalBalog »

Yes, Lada. Last year I visited an Oldtimer show (see the image in my April 16, 2011 post), and I realized in horror that not only my side mirror was identical with those on the Ladas, but the Lada boot also advertised brand new mirrors for sale. This is why I believed my mirrors were not original, and decided to get the front mirror from Toyota Hungary. Well, there was another indication. On both sides I have an unnecessary hole just next to the mirror, hidden with a plastic cover, suggesting that something was changed there. If you watch carefully, you can see them on the image with open doors. Not easy, because of the reflections on the paint.

By the way, if I did not tell before, your car is absolutely beautiful. I especially envy for the original wheel centers, with the T on them.
Kylehugo

Post by Kylehugo »

Looks good, Love the colour! cleaned up good eh?
IG @deathofkyle