Greeting From Utah

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Immure

Greeting From Utah

Post by Immure »

Im an 18 year old teen who wants to have a faster car then all the other teenagers here in Utah. Which I have found is hard to accomplish due to the fact that everyone is filthy rich here in Davis County. I have always had an obesession with Toyotas it was only time till I found a forum that had people that enjoyed them like I do. I ride a 1977 Celica GT, a 5 speed actually, and I love it more then I could a human child. So ya...
skeptic

Re: Greeting From Utah

Post by skeptic »

What city? I'm in Clearfield on the edge of Layton... I'm not a teenager buy a long shot, but there are a couple other Celica owners in the area - I'd be up for hitting a car show as a group.

Good luck having the fastest teen ager owned car in UT - there is always going to be a few "rich" kids with insanely fast cars. Not a worthy goal IMHO, but what you do have going for you is a fairly unique starting point. Another advantage is one of our members, foxau2, is local and with his dad is in the custom fiberglass car parts business. He's also going to college for Electrical Engineering IIRC and does things like custom white faced gauges with LED dash lights... Nothing is free, but if you and foxau2 get together and you are willing to put in some work you can end up with an attention getting car. I can't drive across town or stop for gas without getting looks, waves, and the occasional person who wants to talk about my car. Much better than "my car is faster than yours" type stuff.
1977 GT Liftback
3SGTE and stuff
Foxau2

Re: Greeting From Utah

Post by Foxau2 »

Hey! Glad to see another guy from Utah! I'm up in Clearfield as well. You're in Davis county so your at least close! Do you have a 77 liftback or coupe? My daily driver is a 77 liftback with an 18RG in it. It's at the doctors office getting a check up still. :banghead: Been over a month now. We all need to get together sometime. Like Skeptic said, having the "fastest car" won't really happen in a 77 Celica without tons and tons of money. But it is definitely an attention getter! Mine's not finished by a long shot and is due to be repainted properly.

While my Celica is in the shop, this is what I'm driving around in now. A 77 Corolla.

My dad drives a yellow 77 coupe.

View my current build here:

Foxau2.tumblr.com

Until the forum is open for all to view without logging in, my updates will go there.