76 Celi

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
tyoung240

76 Celi

Post by tyoung240 »

Hey everybody- I've been on here for awhile and figured its time to post progress. After about 4 years of actively searching to buy a 76-77 Celica and many "NO ITS NOT FOR SALE"s and rusty disappointments I finally found my dream candidate! Not much but Im in love with this thing.

Bought it completely stock about 6 months ago, 70s smell and all. now its kinda stock and smells less. But jesus those bumpers....gotta do somethin about that. soon. REAL soon.

Last edited by tyoung240 on April 10th, 2013, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
faffi

Re: 76 Celi

Post by faffi »

nice found,
what are your plans new bumpers and new interieur?
:cheers:
toadboy

Post by toadboy »

What are the specs on the wheels, offset, tire size, ect. Very nice stance.
cervasa

Post by cervasa »

looks good
Kylehugo

Post by Kylehugo »

I'm loving the yellow highbeams, those totally make the car
IG @deathofkyle
exodus

Post by exodus »

cool car!!

i've always wonderered how those grid v's look like on our cars!!

looks cool man!! :2thumbs:
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
toyhunter

Post by toyhunter »

love the look with the wheels hope to get a first gen soon its killing me :banghead2:
tyoung240

Post by tyoung240 »

faffi wrote:nice found,
what are your plans new bumpers and new interieur?
:cheers:
new bumpers, yes smileys or fiberglass reps....we'll see.
new interior, not quite. ive started replacing all the fiberwood panels that were rotted and warped with something else that is super lightweight and fairly rigid. was able to keep all the vinyl intact so just redoing the side panels and a few other things. but other than that no carpet no headliner. just stripped. i like the clean look and the sound!

also having no carpet has helped me identify leaks. which is pretty much everyhwere :mrgreen:
tyoung240

Post by tyoung240 »

exodus wrote:cool car!!

i've always wonderered how those grid v's look like on our cars!!

looks cool man!! :2thumbs:
thanks! your car is sick btw, i believe you have a build thread, yeah? If i remember correctly Ive read it like 3 times.
tyoung240

Post by tyoung240 »

for reference wheels are 15x8 +0 and 15x9 +0
tires are 195/50 and 205/50 Direzzas

would like to run more meat, but tire sizing is limited unless you get into dedicated track tires. and lets be honest, this car with the stock engine has all the tire it can handle
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome,

Sweet start for a dream car, as others said love the wheels and overall stance.
South bronx

Post by South bronx »

Hi, and welcome

I kinda really like the unrestored/patina look of your car very,very much.
Here in northern europe you don't find them like this anymore. They're either a complete rustbucket or over the top restored. Hardly nothing in between.
Celica's in the condition like yours could still be found here a couple of decades ago. Those were the good times!
If i were you i'd mod the hell out of this beauty and maintain the sleeper look of it.
Good luck with it!

Patrick..
tyoung240

Post by tyoung240 »

yeah, i dont mind the look as is (minus the dent of course). and the pin striping is nicely done. but i want to stick to my original gameplan and go with white. thats the beautiful thing about cars to me though- theyre constantly undergoing some kind of change and its cool for what it is while it is. thats why i take lots of pics of my stuff. its cool to capture the car at different stages and be able to look back at it.
in fact i have a ton of pics for everything that ive done to the car so far. i was thinking it would be cool to do a build thread. Maybe I'll start from the beginning and show you guys some cool stuff, some boring stuff, why i did certain things, future plans, etc. and just keep it going. I think it would be cool to share my process with you guys. let me know if you guys would be interested in reading/seeing about it. ONE
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

tyoung240 wrote:yeah, i dont mind the look as is (minus the dent of course). and the pin striping is nicely done. but i want to stick to my original gameplan and go with white. thats the beautiful thing about cars to me though- theyre constantly undergoing some kind of change and its cool for what it is while it is. thats why i take lots of pics of my stuff. its cool to capture the car at different stages and be able to look back at it.
in fact i have a ton of pics for everything that ive done to the car so far. i was thinking it would be cool to do a build thread. Maybe I'll start from the beginning and show you guys some cool stuff, some boring stuff, why i did certain things, future plans, etc. and just keep it going. I think it would be cool to share my process with you guys. let me know if you guys would be interested in reading/seeing about it. ONE

Build threads are ALWAYS valuable...for your own reference and as a guide to others that haven't tackled it yet...the more pics the better! :cheers:

Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT