Hello from Nova Scotia

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
eracer17

Hello from Nova Scotia

Post by eracer17 »

Hello from Nova Scotia, Canada. I am trying to find a good quality 1st generation celica to bring back here to south west nova scotia. There hasnt been one of these cars on the streets around here in quite some time. Feel free to send me any info on cars that are available in the north east. Looking forward to learning the ins and outs of these cars. Thank you
Dont try this at home kids!
77 liftback
86 mr2
89 mr2 with 3sgte swap
86 corolla gts
Wayneage

Re: Hello from Nova Scotia

Post by Wayneage »

Welcome to the site! East coast members are adding up! I assume that is your wanted ad on kijiji i saw.....
Good luck with the search :cheers:
eracer17

Post by eracer17 »

Yes that is my ad. I have never gotten a response on any wanted ad I have ever placed. I think in most peoples perception, we might as well be at the north pole when it comes to buying or selling anything from down here. I had my eye ona 74 from ontario but was one day late in making the move to go get it and it sold on Sunday.Thanx for the welcome.
77 liftback
86 mr2
89 mr2 with 3sgte swap
86 corolla gts
toadboy

Post by toadboy »

Welcome,

Like you, I spent a couple years looking for a car first in atlantic Canada, then all of Canada. I ended up getting a northern Cali car and having it shipped. Best move I ever made. No rust ever, original brake lines still shiny etc. Although it may seem a bit steep to ship (I spent 2k) it was worth every cent as opposed to buying a Canadian car that has seen winter. And with the dollar above par you cant lose right now. As long as youve got a scanner to trade paperwork back and forth with the seller and hire a broker to clear customs ($150) the process is simple. I was lucky to have a great seller to deal with, just get tons of pictures sent and ask lots of questions, if hes a good seller he wont mind. Most of these people love their cars and will be happy to make it work if they know its going to a good home. Start checking craigslist California, Arizona, Nevada, etc. I missed out on a few great deals, you will find what youre looking for.
eracer17

Post by eracer17 »

As some of you know, after much searching, I did purchase a 77 liftback from california as found on ebay. The car seems pretty solid and I am very happy with the final price. Now to just get all the arrangements made to get her shipped up here to Nova Scotia. I cant wait.
77 liftback
86 mr2
89 mr2 with 3sgte swap
86 corolla gts
eracer17

Post by eracer17 »

The 77 liftback arrived from California back on Oct 11th. Pretty happy with everything.I finally remembered to get some pics to post here for you guys.

Last edited by eracer17 on October 26th, 2012, 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
77 liftback
86 mr2
89 mr2 with 3sgte swap
86 corolla gts
exodus

Post by exodus »

VERY NICE liftback!!! :2thumbs:
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
faffi

Post by faffi »

super LB :shock:
very original I like it that way :2thumbs:
CELICAHOLIC

Post by CELICAHOLIC »

eracer17 wrote:Hello from Nova Scotia, Canada. I am trying to find a good quality 1st generation celica to bring back here to south west nova scotia. There hasnt been one of these cars on the streets around here in quite some time. Feel free to send me any info on cars that are available in the north east. Looking forward to learning the ins and outs of these cars. Thank you
Ther is a nice one in Quebec.

http://www.lespac.com/vehicules/antique ... 50WWgrZZ12
Celica owner since 1974
vervepipes

Post by vervepipes »

Wow there's a lot of stuff under that hood! Makes me happy that I have no a/c or power steering, or air pump lol. Seriously though, nice score, it looks like a beautiful canvas.
Image Image
'77 RA29 GT
'11 Grand Caravan
'03 Yamaha Vino