New member in NJ

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
akihero

New member in NJ

Post by akihero »

Hey i just want to say thanks to everyone who has done work to their projects or write ups on their work. It fueled me to look for a 1st gen and i found one and im going to pick it up this week i will post pics when i have it. I have been a huge Toyota fan since i started driving and im glad to add this one to my collection.
Here are my current cars sorry for camera phone pics and size not sure how to shrink them:
My other celica ST185
my cousin's ae86 moved out to make space for my 1973 celica now that the ae86 is finished
My non toyota

well thanks for reading and as soon as i get the title in my hand i will snap pics and update :)
akihero

Re: New member in NJ

Post by akihero »

well got the celica home going to register her this week and im already looking forward to building this car up so here are some pics
cervasa

Post by cervasa »

nice looking cars
EVILZ

Post by EVILZ »

Nice cars, where in NJ are you? I am in NYC. Might catch you at a few shows next year.

Clive
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Great stable of cars you have there...
Love the color of the 1st Gen, nice red...

Welcome to the club :cheers:
Pete
vervepipes

Post by vervepipes »

beautiful. I've always been a Toyota guy too. My first car was a 1988 Tercel 2 door sedan, my first project was a 1984 Tercel 4wd with a 3A/4A hybrid, had a '96 Camry for a while, now I have a '77 Celica GT and I'm picking up an '87 supercharged MR2 in the new year. Love my Toyotas, especially that you only need something like 5 sockets and wrenches to take the entire car apart!
Image Image
'77 RA29 GT
'11 Grand Caravan
'03 Yamaha Vino
akihero

Post by akihero »

So its been a bit since i spoke about my car and i will make an official build thread soon but for now just showing some updates on what im doing and some fun things i found a long the way.
I will be getting rid of My 22r and 5speed for my sr20det black top that comes in next week a long with my Ford mustang gt 8.8 4 lug posi rear that i will be shortening with custom axles fun fun fun :) There will be new wiring and extras thrown here and there its too cold to put it all together and i dont have a heated garage so my spring time will be very very busy! currently im prepping parts and cleaning for paint and repair.

GroupB fender flares ordered and will be ordering the wing and fender kit also soon i bought my engine instead of putting money in to those parts right now lol
SSBC Ford mustang drum to 4lug disk conversion with cross drilled rotors
Fixing up these seats
mounts & cross member for Sr20det and Corolla Ae86 GTS rack and cross member and lots of gts parts including front end

Some 240 stuff for the s13

And some misc fun parts

There are lots more parts and misc stuff all over the garage and house felt with these pics you can get an idea whats going to go down :)
I have been very lucky with friends and people in the forums that have been helping me get these great parts, support and the knowledge needed to build this car. This site is amazing and filled with great people just want to say thank you to the people helping me and giving me advice.