New guy from down under.

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Datsun

New guy from down under.

Post by Datsun »

Hello everyone at 1st gen celica.

First of all I'd like to thank Blaze86Vic for helping me get access to the forum.
I'm from Australia and I love working on cars, I'm not new to old cars (previously owned 2x Datsun 120y 4 door sedans) however I am new to celica's.
I just picked up a 1971/72 model ta22 celica for 2k, it's running a 2tg engine ( Well it's in it anyway haha running soon once I get these solexs fixed fingers crossed)
Previous owner decided that they would cut the rear bracing out behind the rear seat and hack away at the parcel shelf with a angle grinder, so I'm trying to track down some replacement sheet metal.
The paint is fairly cracked and not in very good condition, so I'll strip that off soon and see what lies underneath..
I'm also after a bonnet, the previous owner bogged a GT4 bonnet scoop into it and a set of flat tail lights as for some reason they put the bubble tail lights on it.

Anyway I look forward to being a part of this forum, learning and eventually having enough knowledge to help others with their cars.

Cheers,

Datsun.

ImageImageImageImage
75CelicaGT

Re: New guy from down under.

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome to the club...

As for the hood, some people do bad things to good cars
Hmph

Post by Hmph »

welcome to 1stgencelica :)
I envy your little "car lot"

and congrats on the purchase

post photos of the 2tg and horrible-hack-ness to the rear bracing (!?!?)
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious $#!+.
ajax_h_

Post by ajax_h_ »

Congrats on the purchase mate, nice to see another 1g celica owner from down under.