Hello from Oakland

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
giangd

Hello from Oakland

Post by giangd »

I've been the owner of this 1975 Celica for more than 10 years. 10 years of saying I will get this project done next summer.

A picture of my 1996 Chevy Impala in its better days. Recently got into an accident that will ultimately force me to get rid of what I thought would be a keeper for life.

With the insurance money, I'm going to get the Celica back on the road. I've had a 1UZ swap idea for a while now. Bought a W58 adapter back in 2009 for 1500+. A bit sad to see how much cheaper an adapter cost today. Recently went to the junkyard during the the 50% sale and got a steering column, crossmember, and tierod-less power rack and pinion off a 1985 SR5 corolla. So the ball is rolling

I've been doing a lot of research for this project and always find myself to this forum that I could not access unless I'm a member. I want to thank a member from celica-gts.com forum, yella81celica, who guided me towards the right people to be apart of the 1stgencelica forum. Also, I don't want to put real names out there, but I guess I'll refer them as the Santos family, for making me a member. Thank you
73GTV

Re: Hello from Oakland

Post by 73GTV »

Performance options is a place that you need to stop by in your area, if they are still around , they have most of the technical support, information and parts that you may require. I was recently back in Oakland and failed to stop past that business, so any updates on your build will be great.

Welcome to the forum.
I'm an Opinionated Old fart: I insist that you read the Troubleshooting charts first: I'm Just saying...
1973 TA22 GTV (RHD)
1973 RA21 ST (LHD)
1977 TE56 GLS (RHD)
1974 RN22 Hilux (LHD)(Pickup)
Keo

Post by Keo »

Unfortunately Performance options has closed for now. I know the people are still around the bay area, but the shop is closed. Let me know if you ever want a hand, I'm only in richmond.
1977 Celica ST named "Keo"
5sp swapped
20/22r hybrid built motor
T3 interior
Rebuilt axle with Cusco ae86 zenki LSD
Ae86 spindles with T3 suspension front and rear

2010 Lexus IS-F daily driver
giangd

Post by giangd »

That's crazy. I literally was going to stop by today to talk about my project. Any word whether or not this is permanent?

I had my 1988 ST165 celica clutch done here a while back. Did a good job. Good people