New From AZ 76 Celica Liftback Barn Find

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
deweycox

New From AZ 76 Celica Liftback Barn Find

Post by deweycox »

Hey everyone.

Thanks for the Add Santos. Nice forum. I just picked up this 1976 Toyota Celica GT Liftback 5 SPD survivor that was left in a barn for almost 30 years. As a kid, I would dream one day of having a mustang fastback from the 60's. When I first found this car, I thought it was a fastback. But when I learned it was a Toyota, it sucked me in further year after year. I am a huge fan of Toyota. This is the 3rd Yota we are adding to the family.

I just absolutely love this car. Its all original except the interior seats and doors. I have been talking to the owner of this car for over 5 years. One owner, with original title and window sticker and all the Toyota shop manuals. It had a new clutch and transmissions synchros replaced along with 5th gear since it had a chipped tooth. Going to drop the fuel tank, have it professionally cleans, test the fuel pump, clean the lines, pull the plugs and spray with castro oil and let it soak for a few weeks before I cranks her on. Will do a rebuild of the carb. Flush the radiator and all new fluids.

Going to be a fun restore.

Last edited by deweycox on August 30th, 2018, 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1976 Toyota Celica GT Liftback 5 Spd 77K Miles
Celicaproject74

Re: New From AZ

Post by Celicaproject74 »

Welcome to the group...what a find you have there !

Keep the pictures coming on your restoration....the members here are a wealth of
knowledge so dont be afraid to ask...

Good luck !!
Ed
Check out my Celica project at
http://celicaproject74.altervista.org/
white93mr2

Post by white93mr2 »

Congratulations!
It looks like you have a great start!
To see how Groupb treated me as a customer see: http://www.1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13485 *SPOILER* im still angry about it
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

Scrubbed up well! Welcome to the forum. As mentioned above don't be afraid to ask questions. Nobody judges here.

I've asked some real duesies over the years

Cheers
Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
deweycox

Post by deweycox »

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! Looking forward to getting to know some of you and learning as much as I can about this vehicle. Here are some 48 hour updates. Gave it a basic detail and she is shining up very nice. Still need to polish the wheel rings and wheel caps.

deweycox

Post by deweycox »

Rings look like there in good condition. Surprise the condenser coil behind the grill didn't have any bugs/debris or rock rashes. Not one bent fin!